TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Planning to build a CS6

kahmann

First off, is the CS-6/8 package still available from SAI and are dash plaques still being given to those that qualify?

If yes, then my buddy with the V6 wants to convert. I explained everything that I know about the package to him, which isn't a lot, so I'm here looking for help.

I've dug through this section of the forum, but I still have some questions.

I found this list of parts, explaining the Turn 1 and Turn 2 kits:

Stage 1 - Appearance Package

Side scoops

20"x9" Shelby Razors (6.5" backspace)

Shelby front fascia

CS upper and lower grilles

CS hood

Hood grill

Hood pins

Trunk lettering

Dash plaque

Door sill trim

CS striping and graphic set

Stage 2 - Performance Package

All Stage 1 Parts Shown Above

Suspension Upgrade

Borla Dual Exhaust

Shelby Rear Fascia

Rear Gear Upgrade

Exclusive Paxton Intercooled Supercharger - 350 HP

Baer Signature Series Brakes w/Shelby Calipers

I have several questions about these parts lists. Assuming that all of these parts are still available from SAI, can you purchase one or two parts at a time or is the "Turn 1" package sold as an entire kit, similar to the TRT base kit?

Must the entire package of Turn 1 parts be installed by an authorized shop, or can a guy do his own labor and still qualify the car (whatever that means)?

Regardless of who does the labor, is it necessary to purchase 100% of the Turn 1 parts from Shelby to qualify as a CS-6? If not, what percentage of the parts is necessary to purchase to qualify as a CS-6? For instance, if he purchases all of the parts, except for the 20" American Racing rims, is it still technically a CS-6 with dash plaque eligibility?

Some related questions:

Are the CS cars listed in the Shelby registry? I understand that no CSM is given, so how are the cars categorized in the registry, if at all?

Has a deadline been set for the end of availability of these parts/packages/kits/dash plaques?

That's all I've got for now I think. Thanks a lot for any and all info.

Ken

First off, is the CS-6/8 package still available from SAI and are dash plaques still being given to those that qualify?

It's still in the catalog unless something has changed, which I doubt.

If yes, then my buddy with the V6 wants to convert. I explained everything that I know about the package to him, which isn't a lot, so I'm here looking for help.

I've dug through this section of the forum, but I still have some questions.

I found this list of parts, explaining the Turn 1 and Turn 2 kits:

Stage 1 - Appearance Package

Side Scoops

Exclusive 20" American Racing Wheels

Shelby Front Fascia

Custom Upper and Lower Grilles

Hood Pins

Rear Logo

Dash Plaque

Door Kick Panel inlay Set

Shelby Interior Upgrade Kit

Custom Striping and Graphics Set

Stage 2 - Performance Package

All Stage 1 Parts Shown Above

Suspension Upgrade

Borla Dual Exhaust

Shelby Rear Fascia

Rear Gear Upgrade

Exclusive Paxton Intercooled Supercharger - 350 HP

Baer Signature Series Brakes w/Shelby Calipers

I have several questions about these parts lists. Assuming that all of these parts are still available from SAI, can you purchase one or two parts at a time or is the "Turn 1" package sold as an entire kit, similar to the TRT base kit?

It can be purchased either way. Save the receipts so you can show that you have obtained all the parts.

Must the entire package of Turn 1 parts be installed by an authorized shop, or can a guy do his own labor and still qualify the car (whatever that means)?

Either way, supposedly if you have it done at an authorized shop you will get a serial number. But I am not aware of anyone who has done that, it must/may have happened, I just don't know of one.

Regardless of who does the labor, is it necessary to purchase 100% of the Turn 1 parts from Shelby to qualify as a CS-6? If not, what percentage of the parts is necessary to purchase to qualify as a CS-6? For instance, if he purchases all of the parts, except for the 20" American Racing rims, is it still technically a CS-6 with dash plaque eligibility?

Not sure, this a question for someone at Shelbyautos.

Some related questions:

Are the CS cars listed in the Shelby registry? I understand that no CSM is given, so how are the cars categorized in the registry, if at all?

I think they are in the registry someway, but how they are registered is another unknown.

Has a deadline been set for the end of availability of these parts/packages/kits/dash plaques?

Haven't heard of one.

If you are going to have it done at home or a nearby shop, then the CS-6 option is the only one you have. If you are going to have it done at an authorized shop, the Terlingua kit is cheaper.

All of the parts are still avalable to purchase. you can buy the parts seperatly or you can buy the the entire kit all at once. stage 1 is just the apparance kit once all the parts are purchased shelby will send the stripes to you and the dash plaque. all the parts have to be varified from shelby to get the dash plaque there is no csm number but it does go in the shelby reistry as a shelby cs6 parts car. if this helps I am trying to do one my self. stage 2 adds the rear end and supercharger to the kit or you can get the trelingula car that one you have to buy the entire kit the base one or the full package that the supercharger is part of the package. and this car does get a csm number.

I've found a few parts that seem to be missing from the list in the 1st post, namely the CS hood and hood grill. Are there any other parts missing from the list?

Also, I can't find 20" CS6 American Racing rims anywhere on the Shelby parts site, nor can I find the 'interior upgrade kit'. Any help?

Do you have to buy the 20" rims or can you go with 18's instead? Lastly, is the lower grill for the SGT the same as the one for the CS6?

Thanks again for any info.

Ken

I've found a few parts that seem to be missing from the list in the 1st post, namely the CS hood and hood grill. Are there any other parts missing from the list?

Also, I can't find 20" CS6 American Racing rims anywhere on the Shelby parts site, nor can I find the 'interior upgrade kit'. Any help?

Do you have to buy the 20" rims or can you go with 18's instead? Lastly, is the lower grill for the SGT the same as the one for the CS6?

Thanks again for any info.

Ken

Shelby CS Hood Grill: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...ior/Page/0.aspx

Shelby CS Hood: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...ior/Page/4.aspx

Wheel: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...gory/Wheel.aspx

I have no idea what is in an "Interior upgrade kit"?

The lower grills are different. The patterns on the lower grills match the upper grills.

Shelby CS Hood Grill: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...ior/Page/0.aspx

Shelby CS Hood: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...ior/Page/4.aspx

Wheel: http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...gory/Wheel.aspx

I have no idea what is in an "Interior upgrade kit"?

The lower grills are different. The patterns on the lower grills match the upper grills.

Thanks again man. So it's safe to assume that the 'interior upgrade kit' is definitely not necessary to get the Turn 1 plaque. Speaking of, what's the cost of the plaque and the cost of the CS6 stripe kit? I'm amazed that all of this detailed info isn't available on the SPP site!

Are there any parts from the CS6 list that you didn't buy/install? Is your CS6 a Turn 1 or Turn 2? If Turn 2, are there any parts that you didn't buy/install?

I guess what I'm looking for here is whether it's necessary to purchase everything on this list to get the stripes/plaque. I emailed Bud for any info on the program and all he said was that it's still alive. He didn't know any specific details at all.

Ken

If you are going to have it done at home or a nearby shop, then the CS-6 option is the only one you have. If you are going to have it done at an authorized shop, the Terlingua kit is cheaper.

How do you figure that the Terlingua kit is cheaper? The base TRT kit is $10K. So far, after adding up the parts for the CS6, the cost is less than $4K, before shipping/tax. Something I'm missing?

Ken

OK well the list in the 1st post isn't accurate at all. I finally received some detailed info from SAI.

Turn 1 - $8,199.99

CS hood

CS hood grill

CS upper grill insert

PIAA driving lights for upper grill

CS6 front fascia & lower grill

Stainless steel hood pins with brackets

Radiator cover

CS side scoops

"SHELBY" letter kit

SGT plus performance brake kit

FRPP suspension handling pack

JBA dual exhaust

CS rear fascia

Rear spoiler

Shelby Razor wheels (20x9 with 24mm offset & 6" backspace)

Sill plate inserts

Stripe graphics (silver)

Trunk lock emblem

Dash plaque

Turn 2 - $13,249.99

Everything in Turn 1 kit

Shelby Paxton supercharger w/ intercooler

8.8" rear end w/ 3.55 gears

Supercharger graphics & trunk lock emblem

Thanks again man. So it's safe to assume that the 'interior upgrade kit' is definitely not necessary to get the Turn 1 plaque. Speaking of, what's the cost of the plaque and the cost of the CS6 stripe kit? I'm amazed that all of this detailed info isn't available on the SPP site!

Are there any parts from the CS6 list that you didn't buy/install? Is your CS6 a Turn 1 or Turn 2? If Turn 2, are there any parts that you didn't buy/install?

I guess what I'm looking for here is whether it's necessary to purchase everything on this list to get the stripes/plaque. I emailed Bud for any info on the program and all he said was that it's still alive. He didn't know any specific details at all.

Ken

When I bought my kit, it was very early in the program (possibly the first publicly (non-Shelby) owned CS-6). The turn-2 kit cost me $15k and didn't include the sill inserts and the stripes which cost me another $800. My sill inserts still say Mustang and I have no current plans to replace them. The wing and rear fascia came off of Jason Cenora's GT/CS8 (he replaced them on his car with GT500 parts). The stripes weren't provided until I showed proof that the car had been completed. This may not be the case anymore. I didn't like the CS trunk emblem as the car has giant CS's on the side and I felt another one was redundant. Jason didn't receive one and wanted one so I sent him mine. Instead I bought a Cobra trunk emblem off of Ford which I am much happier with. All the other Shelby parts were used and installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions also, as I am reconsidering building a CS6 again.

Do we have to purchase the GT bumper and spoiler? I actually found a great deal on a painted Foose spoiler and would prefer that to the GT. I also would prefer a GT500 rear bumper over the GT.

Is there only one color available for the stripe package?

I have a few questions also, as I am reconsidering building a CS6 again.

Do we have to purchase the GT bumper and spoiler? I actually found a great deal on a painted Foose spoiler and would prefer that to the GT. I also would prefer a GT500 rear bumper over the GT.

The rear fascia and spoiler are listed as part of the upgrade kit. Required? I'm not sure you'd have to get an official answer.

Is there only one color available for the stripe package?

There are two color stripes, which depends on your car's color. The silver stripes are for most cars and a ghost grey for silver, white and yellow cars.

The rear fascia and spoiler are listed as part of the upgrade kit. Required? I'm not sure you'd have to get an official answer.

There are two color stripes, which depends on your car's color. The silver stripes are for most cars and a ghost grey for silver, white and yellow cars.

I was told that all parts listed in the catalog as part of the kit must be purchased in order to qualify for the stripes and plaque. Good luck.

Ken

• 1 month later...

Archived