TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chrome Wheels

gradona

I'm looking for suggestions on the best place to get Chrome Factory style wheels. The best deal I've found so far is a place called L.A. Wheel and Tire. $750 exchange sounds like a great deal but then again I haven't looked around a lot.

Anyone have any experience with L.A. wheel? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input :shades: .

I have been entertaining chrome wheels too because I think they look really bad on a black car. But I like the Ford GT style that the original wheels have. This company also makes an 18 X 9.5, stock replacement for the GT500, that's probably the link that was meant. The offset is slightly different, though.

Another option is a company in Valencia, CA advertises chrome OEM replacement wheels. I've talked to a few chrome houses in the area and they say wheels are the absolute hardest things to plate, you get varying thicknesses which could lead to flaking later on. That being said, it's probably best to find something close and keep the originals in the garage...plus it's less expensive, too.

Be careful its says those wheels fit all 94-04 mustangs.

Does not say anything about 07-09 GT500s.

If you click on the link at the top that says "07-09 Shelby" it brings up the 18 X 9.5 Wheel. I just ordered a set. I'll write a review after I get them.

This company also makes an 18 X 9.5, stock replacement for the GT500, that's probably the link that was meant. The offset is slightly different, though.

Correct, copied the wrong page -

don't forget new TPMS straps for your new wheels

I'm looking for suggestions on the best place to get Chrome Factory style wheels. The best deal I've found so far is a place called L.A. Wheel and Tire. $750 exchange sounds like a great deal but then again I haven't looked around a lot.

Anyone have any experience with L.A. wheel? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input :shades: .

FYI - I had a set of wheels (from a different car) done at LA Wheel and Tire, and they did a very nice job. The chrome was perfect.

Are these factory rims just chromed?

if so would it not be wise to get them chromed yourself for $100 a pop? :headscratch:

They are not factory wheels chromed but you've got me curious. Where would I get the factory wheels triple show chromed for $100 a pop??? :headscratch::headscratch:

They are not factory wheels chromed but you've got me curious. Where would I get the factory wheels triple show chromed for $100 a pop??? :headscratch::headscratch:

when I purchase my wifes car I wanted chrome rims on the car the dealer chaegd me $500 to get the wheels chromed I am asuming he put in a $100 on top of what he paid for it, and sure enough after 48 hrs we had chromes whells orhe just slaped chrome wheeles from another car.

but no I dont know where ti get

Looks great - even better when your rolling!

and you ordered, shipped, mounted and on the road in 4 days?

I ordered them last Sunday, Recieved them on Tuesday, and had them mounted on Thursday. If American Muscle needs any endorsments I'm here to give them one :D . I highly reccomend :woot: .

Archived