TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whose got the Last?

Everyone always dreams of having a low number production car, but I wonder who might have the Last of the Breed?

Who has the "last" Coupe #06H0500?

Who has the "last" Vert #07H0500?

Just curious!

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
Everyone always dreams of having a low number production car, but I wonder who might have the Last of the Breed?

Just curious!

Keith

Intertesting question, I have heard that the csm's were not done in order on the SGTs.

But you would think they would have been for the GTHs since they werent catering to

any customer requests for csm #s, probably just cranking them out to get the order of

500 completed, so # 500 would have been made on the last day anyway, not necessarily

the last car done.

And sorry to here about your car and the wall in Birmingham, how bad was she hurt?

That must have been cool Sherri, any pics of them together? :lurk:

No unfortunately :( I wish we could have had all the pace cars in a photo shoot. There were approx 10 94s, 4 79s and I saw this morning that someone took a pic of a 64. That would have been an awesome picture.

No unfortunately :( I wish we could have had all the pace cars in a photo shoot. There were approx 10 94s, 4 79s and I saw this morning that someone took a pic of a 64. That would have been an awesome picture.

Here's the pic I took of the '64 Pace Car... it was parked in the same section of the paddock

P4180193.jpg

Yes, it would have been an awesome pic. You know they'll have another pace car before the 50th, so might ought to make plans for the picture early!

Here's the pic I took of the '64 Pace Car... it was parked in the same section of the paddock

P4180193.jpg

Yes, it would have been an awesome pic. You know they'll have another pace car before the 50th, so might ought to make plans for the picture early!

That is awesome Keith, thanks for posting.

i guess you can say that. :drool: i was tracking every one that poped up on ebay for a while. called on several until i found the the right one for me. continued to watch :lurk: the 06's for the location,# and price. to see if i got a good deal. i am a huge fan.

i guess you can say that. :drool: i was tracking every one that poped up on ebay for a while. called on several until i found the the right one for me. continued to watch :lurk: the 06's for the location,# and price. to see if i got a good deal. i am a huge fan.

They are great cars, you picked a good one to concentrate on!

So many Shelby GT owners owe the rental of a GTH to their new found glory.

I do! :shift:

i saw the proto-type in tulsa in june 2006. fell in love w/ the car then. never got to rent one. then i seen the first few come out of the rental fleet and just knew i would never own one :cry: i could hardly believe what they were bringing. so i considered purchasing a 2007 shelby gt. several positive points 1st owner, never driven hard. etc. but i just couldn't get the right deal. so i kept looking. and finnally the prices got affordable, so now i am thinking maybe. :drool: then finnaly i found the deal on 209 :shift: her home and never looked back (just to see if any hwy patrols were following :hysterical: )

06H500 was featured in the January 2009 Modified Mustangs & Fords and the article mentioned it is owned by George Boskovich. It was part of a tech article and they installed a Granatelli Cold Air Nitrous system.

06H500 Tech Article

Oh yea, duhhhhhh........I even posted a title with this info. :banghead::doh: I'm getting old, my memory fades quick now a days.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37677

Same here. Forgot all about that. :banghead:

Steve

I was also wondering about who got the first and who got the last production cars. And I know that this isn't the "correct" forum to wonder about this..... but being a purest and a nostalgia freak, now that Pontiac is History...... Someone got the last Trans Am, and probably doesnt even know it.

I remember when the last Corvette C4 rolled off of the line in 1996 (followed by the entire production plant I think). Each part of the workers on the line put down their tools as the last car was built and walked it through the rest of the plant. The new owner drove it off the production line and straight onto a trailer to go to a museum somewhere.

It's funny, sometimes, like with the Trans Am, you don't even know that it was going to be the last one at the time. And as bad and mean as the pony car wars got, I would have been really sad to see the Camaro go away. The performance war was always a good thing, and I switched sides quite a few times. I admit it, my loyalty is with the "next best thing".

• 10 months later...

Just curious!

Keith

Still curious to know whose driving around in 06H500 & 07H500....

Still curious to know whose driving around in 06H500 & 07H500....

See post 16 above. 06H500 is resting comfortably in Oxnard, CA. Purchased by George B. from Galpin Ford who secured the car when it was being auctioned off.

Just curious!

Keith

OK, I can't resist this. The "numbers" game is fun and in many ways, interesting. There is a second set of numbers that are interesting, namely the Ford Production Sequence Number, which is the last six digits of the car's V.I.N. You would think that this number from high to low would roughly coincide with the Shelby assigned numbers. NOT !! For over a year I tracked about every 2006 GTH coupe sold on Ebay, recording the Vin last six AND the Shelby number (in no way part of the Shelby Registry). While there is some uniformity there is also a lot of way out of sequence cars. For example I used to own 2006 GTH007. It's production sequence number is very very close to my current car, which is Shelby number GTH457. So both cars were probably on the same truck when they arrived at Shelby for his modifications. One car went to Florida for rental service, the other to California then back to Shelby. Playing with numbers is fun. Larry

ok playing with the numbers is fun. the last 4 vin # for 209 = 1950 and the last 4 vin # for 235 = 1954 or maybe backwards i'm not home to check but they are within 4 of each other off the ford production line anyways. lol

'll tell you one thing for sure, 07H500 is an executive car. The last 17 cars in the run were built for executives and they just happen to be the 17 manual transmission cars that were built so I am sure there is an executive or collector that owns 07H500. Does that narrow it down at all????

QSS

Archived