TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check this out!!

henrycp

The Central Illinois Auto show in Peoria, IL. is this weekend. Roush loaned my dealer a 2010 427R for the show. I went to the dealership this morning to check it out, volunteered to drive it to the show (about 20 miles away) :drool: but they already had a driver lined up...a 74 year old retiree that knew nothing about Mustangs :cry: . I'll see if I can drive it back to the dealership on Sunday after the show is over. It's a very nice looking car. It has 20" wheels and the 4" exhaust tips look huge! I popped the hood to. No tower brace :headscratch: . I was really surprised at how light the hood was. Roush stuck the boost guage in the center of the round vent to the drivers left. I'll attach some pics. I took video as well (but with my cell phone) and will try to upload it. It sounds MEAN!!! :angry22:

looks good, those tips look very similar to my borla stinger tips I had on my 03 cobra.

they also look a lot like the GTA mufflers on the SGT. If they are 4" they must be really close to touching the valance.

they also look a lot like the GTA mufflers on the SGT. If they are 4" they must be really close to touching the valance.

Might be showing my stupidity here, but I looked underneath and saw no mufflers. Axle back is all pipe. I've seen the SGT's and the KR mufflers and although they are small, they are still larger than the exhaust pipe itself. I saw nothing but pipe all the way up the x-pipe. So I kind of expected it to be loader. There is an unveiling at the show tomorrow and I will see it back at the dealership on Sunday so I'll take some pics from underneath.

I took the video with my Blackberry. Anyone know how to convert a 3GP video into Windows Media or QuickTime?

The Central Illinois Auto show in Peoria, IL. is this weekend. Roush loaned my dealer a 2010 427R for the show. I went to the dealership this morning to check it out, volunteered to drive it to the show (about 20 miles away) :drool: but they already had a driver lined up...a 74 year old retiree that knew nothing about Mustangs :cry: . I'll see if I can drive it back to the dealership on Sunday after the show is over. It's a very nice looking car. It has 20" wheels and the 4" exhaust tips look huge! I popped the hood to. No tower brace :headscratch: . I was really surprised at how light the hood was. Roush stuck the boost guage in the center of the round vent to the drivers left. I'll attach some pics. I took video as well (but with my cell phone) and will try to upload it. It sounds MEAN!!! :angry22:

Not bad. I do believe Roush will play a more major role in this generation of Mustang than past models.

Rousch just does not do it for me. I guess I am too old school and Rousch came late to the Mustang dance. Good strong car but not for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Very nice cars, but I would not buy one. Jack sure thinks highly of them though, the 427R is actually more expensive than the Shelby GT500. :fool:

Are you changing your proposed GT 500 purchase as a result of seeing the ROUSH ??

Are you changing your proposed GT 500 purchase as a result of seeing the ROUSH ??

HELL no, Bruce!! Nice ride and looking forward to driving it, but no frickin' way I'll ever but a Roush. 1st, do not 'love' the Roush. 2nd, when I bought my 2005 F150 I bought 20" Roush chrome wheels for it. My Ford dealer is an authorized Roush dealer and he installed the wheels. After 28 months I noticed the chrome was peeling from the wheels. Took it to the dealership, wheels have 36 month warranty, took pics and sent to Roush. Roush voided the last year of the warranty because a Roush shop did not install the wheels. The dealer is an authorized dealer, but apparently not an authorized shop. :headscratch: I escalated to Roush management, the area sales rep, etc. No luck, they voided the last year because a Ford dealership turned the lug nuts. I will never buy anything from Roush again...but I will drive one of his cars if I get a change though.

What's the latest on your 2010? When will she be home? I've decided to wait for the 2011.

HELL no, Bruce!! Nice ride and looking forward to driving it, but no frickin' way I'll ever but a Roush. 1st, do not 'love' the Roush. 2nd, when I bought my 2005 F150 I bought 20" Roush chrome wheels for it. My Ford dealer is an authorized Roush dealer and he installed the wheels. After 28 months I noticed the chrome was peeling from the wheels. Took it to the dealership, wheels have 36 month warranty, took pics and sent to Roush. Roush voided the last year of the warranty because a Roush shop did not install the wheels. The dealer is an authorized dealer, but apparently not an authorized shop. :headscratch: I escalated to Roush management, the area sales rep, etc. No luck, they voided the last year because a Ford dealership turned the lug nuts. I will never buy anything from Roush again...but I will drive one of his cars if I get a change though.

What's the latest on your 2010? When will she be home? I've decided to wait for the 2011.

HI hANK. My car will be one of the 1st to arrive in Canada - being built 1ST WEEK OF MAY HE TELLS ME FOR DELIVERY BY 1ST WEEK OF JUNE. I am getting anxious and check the sites evry day for anything new.I want to upgrade with FRPP right away but my dealer says wait until a few miles. His warrantee manager does want to warrantee any mods as per page 8 of the FRPP catlaog that says US only. Yesterday he said we can do KR exhaust but I want to hear the new beast 1st. I was hoping it would do better than the 12.4 1/4 quoted. I WILL TINT THE WINDOWS SHORTLY AFTER Arrival . Mine is blaCK WITH SILVER/ HIDS AND NAV WITH COVER FOR $ 61000 CDN I will keep in touch. bRUCE.

I really wish they wouldn't stick those fake louvers on the 1/4 windows. Otherwise, I think it looks great!

Ken

+1

Not a fan of the louvers on the 1/4 window. Other than that it's cool looking.

Rousch just does not do it for me. I guess I am too old school and Rousch came late to the Mustang dance. Good strong car but not for me.

I like their performance mods but their external and internal aesthetic mods are ugly, too 1980s cheese for me.

Archived