TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Idea

F150 Duke

I have been considering a new car purchase this summer and the 2010 GT500 is on the list. I have given serious consideration, and may still, wait for the 2011 in hopes of some upgrades. But I just thought of something today that sounded really fun in a GT500.

I live in MN and the majority of my family lives in upstate NY. My grandmother hasn't been doing well lately and my wife and I are talking about driving over there (18 hrs) over two days to see my grandmother this summer.

I thought it would be fun to make that drive in a GT500 instead of my Supercrew Lariat 2005 F150. Granted the truck would have a lot more room, but the car might be more fun.

Just wondering if anyone has taken a long road trip in their GT500 (granted not the '10) and had something to share on it. (ie. worst idea they ever had, or best time on a road trip)

I have been considering a new car purchase this summer and the 2010 GT500 is on the list. I have given serious consideration, and may still, wait for the 2011 in hopes of some upgrades. But I just thought of something today that sounded really fun in a GT500.

I live in MN and the majority of my family lives in upstate NY. My grandmother hasn't been doing well lately and my wife and I are talking about driving over there (18 hrs) over two days to see my grandmother this summer.

I thought it would be fun to make that drive in a GT500 instead of my Supercrew Lariat 2005 F150. Granted the truck would have a lot more room, but the car might be more fun.

Just wondering if anyone has taken a long road trip in their GT500 (granted not the '10) and had something to share on it. (ie. worst idea they ever had, or best time on a road trip)

That post is like comparing a VW Beetle to a Lincoln or Caddy, what and why would you think of such a thing? The fun a driving a Supercrew compared to a GT500 again is so far out of the realm that a comparrison is not justified. Sorry but that post was just an email that was sent before being thought through 100%! Oh and "yes" a GT500 or a Shelby of any kind is far more exciting than a truck.

Well, I KNOW many many people that have driven cross country for Shelby events that love it!!

I have driven 4 or 500 mile stretches and enjoyed every minute of it...of course I cant even get out of Texas at those distances. :hysterical:

road trips are a blast in the gt500 got the shelby in late feb of 08 had 1300 km on it, parked it in early oct for winter 23000 km. yearly road trip to SOCAL then trip to manitoba son's wedding. planing the Grabber run in May then napa LA Palm springs Vegas, then home 6or 7000 km. fun on road trips :happy feet: . meet people every where that have owned a Shelby or want one. met one couple in NORCAL his wife said he was to big for the car told him to sit inside lots of room. bet they had some interesting conversation after that. go for it road trips are the cats a$$

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think some of us misunderstood. It wasn't meant as a which one is more fun to drive, because that's an easy determination. However, more of a "how comfortable are the GT500 seats and interior after 1,000 miles and 18 hours" type question.

I just didn't type the thoughts that were going through my head clear enough. It is purely a question of seat and interior comfort for extended periods.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think some of us misunderstood. It wasn't meant as a which one is more fun to drive, because that's an easy determination. However, more of a "how comfortable are the GT500 seats and interior after 1,000 miles and 18 hours" type question.

I just didn't type the thoughts that were going through my head clear enough. It is purely a question of seat and interior comfort for extended periods.

Hey I am 53 starting to get the old man a$$ (fat moving from back to front) so not much driver padding left. We will leave Victoria BC at 6:30 am and be in Fairfield CA by 10 at night. I find this to be an easy drive and don't forget you are stopping to refuel every 250 mile, this allows the old guy to have his necessary pit stops. :hysterical: I plan on doing this length of road trips "till the take my DL from my cold dead hand". poetic license of NRA quote

Archived