TEAM SHELBY FORUM

P-Zeros

I switched mine from the left side to the right on both the front & rear. They can't be reversed on the wheel though. I just received my new front tires yesterday after the back order on the PZero's. I am going to try the Nitto 555 Extremes next after these wear out (3 - 5 track sessions). I found them for $136.00 each instead of $425 - $495 per tire for the Pirelli's.

Did you ever track the car before the conversion? Man, the 40th is a great ride!!!!

Dr. Jon

Are the P zeros on our 40ths directional? After a couple of days at the track I would like to switch the fronts. I could not find the answer online for our exact tire.

I switched mine from the left side to the right on both the front & rear. They can't be reversed on the wheel though. I just received my new front tires yesterday after the back order on the PZero's. I am going to try the Nitto 555 Extremes next after these wear out (3 - 5 track sessions). I found them for $136.00 each instead of $425 - $495 per tire for the Pirelli's.

Did you ever track the car before the conversion? Man, the 40th is a great ride!!!!

Dr. Jon

What size nittos are you putting on? I'm assuming you're staying with the 20's

What size nittos are you putting on? I'm assuming you're staying with the 20's

Yeah, I bought another set of 20" razors for track use. Should have bought another 18" set instead. You can get the used track tires for $40 - $90 each with very little use in the 18's but nothing in the 20's.

Yeah, I bought another set of 20" razors for track use. Should have bought another 18" set instead. You can get the used track tires for $40 - $90 each with very little use in the 18's but nothing in the 20's.
Why not use the factory OEM SVT wheels since they are 18's?

Why not use the factory OEM SVT wheels since they are 18's?

I would but my wife decided she likes them better on her SGT and her SGT wheels wont fit over the brakes. I may wait until I can find a set of take off wheels from an upgrade. I'm guessing those are still running around $1000.00 to get a set.

I would but my wife decided she likes them better on her SGT and her SGT wheels wont fit over the brakes. I may wait until I can find a set of take off wheels from an upgrade. I'm guessing those are still running around $1000.00 to get a set.

Doc,

I believe the 18 inch razors do not fit over the big breaks. You should be able to get a set of oem wheels and tires for around a thousand.

Make me an offer, I have a full set with no damage and about 3K miles on them. I can ship out of Albuquerque.

• 2 weeks later...
Are the P zeros on our 40ths directional? After a couple of days at the track I would like to switch the fronts. I could not find the answer online for our exact tire.

No they are not Directional they are Asymmetrical. There is no such thing as uni-directional (don't let the tyre dealership tell you other wise) P zeros are one of a handful of tyres that are high performance and also have a neutral thread on them. They are also the best in high performance asymmetrical / neutral thread. I had P zero nero on my car for a while and I LOVED them.

No they are not Directional they are Asymmetrical. There is no such thing as uni-directional (don't let the tyre dealership tell you other wise) P zeros are one of a handful of tyres that are high performance and also have a neutral thread on them. They are also the best in high performance asymmetrical / neutral thread. I had P zero nero on my car for a while and I LOVED them.

Thanks for info. I'm going to rotate them from side to side.

Archived