TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI

vbalouzian

I am considering adding CAI onto my GT (08).

What are some of the experiences that the members who have installed them on their car have had with CAI?.

is there a consensus on which one works best?.

I personal will not be going to the race track with this car I would just like to have an additional extra OOmff.

does the FRPP have an advantage over other CAI out there.?

your help would be appreciated.

:headscratch::shift:

IMO, most reputable CAI's out there are comparable in performance. Where you see the big differences is in the tune. I love my JLT CAI. It's a great product, and with my Jon Lund tune, it yielded about 75 rwhp. The stock FRPP tune that comes with the FRPP CAI is going to be much more conservative than that.

I have always had great results with JLT intakes.

I third that. All their products are top notch. Can't go wrong with any of them but make sure you get a tune or your just wasting HP.

What are some of the experiences that the members who have installed them on their car have had with CAI?.

I personal will not be going to the race track with this car I would just like to have an additional extra OOmff.

I see that you are in CA; if the CARB decal is important to you, the Ford Racing CAI is the only one that I am aware of that comes with one.

I haven't decided on which CAI to purchase as well. I've tossed this around

over and over. I like the looks and performance of the JLT, but recently heard

from a reputable source that the C&L coldair is a great unit. Fits great, with no

tinkering/adjustment of clamps. Has a big square shaped filter...I think the C&L

looks similar to what is installed on the Super Snake.

As most folks here say, the bottom line is they all flow about the same...the tune

is the important part.

ItalianStallion

will getting CAI with CARB make it CA legal. and why would that make a difference, is it for smog test.

and are CAI illegal in CA.

now my head is spinning :banghead:

Technically anything aftermarket without a CARB number is not legal.

But you'll pass the sniff test... it's just a matter of them failing you on visual.

If I still lived in LA and the FRPP had the carb... I'd go that route, just because it's going to be less of a hassle.

Otherwise you're always going to wonder... just my .02 :)

Technically anything aftermarket without a CARB number is not legal.

But you'll pass the sniff test... it's just a matter of them failing you on visual.

If I still lived in LA and the FRPP had the carb... I'd go that route, just because it's going to be less of a hassle.

Otherwise you're always going to wonder... just my .02 :)

Or you can just restore the stock airbox and tune prior to the inspection.

I LIKE THE STEEDA CAI ; IT IS PROVEN TO HAVE THE MOST REAR WHEEL HP ON THE DYNO AND IT

MATCHES, LOOKS GOOD AND IT'S INTAKE TUBE AND VELOCITY STACK PRODUCE THE HP NUMBERS.

97 HORSE POWER TO THE REAR WHEELS WITH THE CAI AND SCT TUNE THAT COMES IN THE

STEEDA PACKAGE.

HERES SOME PICTURES BELOW.

GO TO WWW.STEEDA.COM ; GO TO GT5OO PARTS. THEN CLICK ON TAB FUEL / INDUCTION

SCOTTY

post-18850-1238718708_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238718862_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238718917_thumb.jpg

I LIKE THE STEEDA CAI ; IT IS PROVEN TO HAVE THE MOST REAR WHEEL HP ON THE DYNO AND IT

MATCHES, LOOKS GOOD AND IT'S INTAKE TUBE AND VELOCITY STACK PRODUCE THE HP NUMBERS.

97 HORSE POWER TO THE REAR WHEELS WITH THE CAI AND SCT TUNE THAT COMES IN THE

STEEDA PACKAGE.

HERES SOME PICTURES BELOW.

GO TO WWW.STEEDA.COM ; GO TO GT5OO PARTS. THEN CLICK ON TAB FUEL / INDUCTION

SCOTTY

BETTER THAN THE REST

post-18850-1238728774_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238728815_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238728857_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238728774_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238728815_thumb.jpg

post-18850-1238728857_thumb.jpg

I do love my C&L that I got from VPM tuning. Has the shield like the one from Ford Racing does as well.

Performance for most is comperable from what I have read. So picked mine for the nice shield, and (yea, really) because the filter is red, and matches the red appearance package and other snake goodies I have under the hood.

post-19729-1238732585_thumb.jpg

post-19729-1238732585_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys.

We strive to be one of the best in this market and are honored to be compaired to these top names.

Were here to help, support and answer questions before and after the sale.

Scotty, I beg to differ, Steeda hasn't been "proven" to be the highest HP producer. What they are proven to be is the highest HP gain "claimer"

I see threads of Steeda and other CAI owners that have tested or just dynoed there car and didn't see the results they claim.

97 RWHP is a dream and I'm suprized they make that claim. That would put most GT500's at 542 RWHP with nothing more then a Steeda CAI and tune. Where are these folks? Not here I can tell you that. That's intake and pulley HP.

I understand backing a product you love (or racer :) ) but to boast 97 RWHP from a CAI is just plain wrong. If not I want to see these dyno graphs, not the advertisment or magazine statement.

We have seen gains from 60-90 RWHP over and over again. When we first released the JLT kit we did free before and afters for our local customers and saw 90 twice right in in front of the customers eyes! I don't use that number to gain customers, but give the range we have seen and that is realistic for any givin customer to see.

Here is a thread of some of our and customer results JLT RESULTS THREAD

3rd party results are the best. Don't go by what the manufacture tells you (me included) research it and find customers who purchased the package in the mail and got the same results. That's what these forums are for.

If you choose JLT, I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Again, thank you all for you support.

Jay

Thanks for all the support guys.

We strive to be one of the best in this market and are honored to be compaired to these top names.

Were here to help, support and answer questions before and after the sale.

Scotty, I beg to differ, Steeda hasn't been "proven" to be the highest HP producer. What they are proven to be is the highest HP gain "claimer"

I see threads of Steeda and other CAI owners that have tested or just dynoed there car and didn't see the results they claim.

97 RWHP is a dream and I'm suprized they make that claim. That would put most GT500's at 542 RWHP with nothing more then a Steeda CAI and tune. Where are these folks? Not here I can tell you that. That's intake and pulley HP.

I understand backing a product you love (or racer :) ) but to boast 97 RWHP from a CAI is just plain wrong. If not I want to see these dyno graphs, not the advertisment or magazine statement.

We have seen gains from 60-90 RWHP over and over again. When we first released the JLT kit we did free before and afters for our local customers and saw 90 twice right in in front of the customers eyes! I don't use that number to gain customers, but give the range we have seen and that is realistic for any givin customer to see.

Here is a thread of some of our and customer results JLT RESULTS THREAD

3rd party results are the best. Don't go by what the manufacture tells you (me included) research it and find customers who purchased the package in the mail and got the same results. That's what these forums are for.

If you choose JLT, I would be happy to help you with any questions you may have.

Again, thank you all for you support.

Jay

HI JAY,

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER VENDOR PUTTING SOMEONE OR A COMPANY DOWN WHATS UP WITH YOU GUYS.

:headscratch:

JUST GO TO WWW.STEEDA.COM GT500 PARTS AND FUEL / INDUCTION SECTION AND

READ THEIR DYNO SHEETS THEY ARE RIGHT THERE AS PLAIN AS DAY AND THE 97 AT THE

REAR WHEELS IS ONLY THE CAI AND SCT PACKAGE. IF YOU WHAT TO TALK PULLEY ,

CAI AND SCT TUNE PACKAGE THAT IS 144 REARWHEEL HORSE POWER.

SCOTTY

It seems most of the CAI's out there are good. I have the C&L CAI, with VMP tune and OEM 2.65" pulley. C&L fits PERFECT, looks great, and the combo of tune, pulley, and CAI performs GREAT. Have driven about 1500 miles since install, and never a problem. FWIW.

HI JAY,

ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER VENDOR PUTTING SOMEONE OR A COMPANY DOWN WHATS UP WITH YOU GUYS.

:headscratch:

JUST GO TO WWW.STEEDA.COM GT500 PARTS AND FUEL / INDUCTION SECTION AND

READ THEIR DYNO SHEETS THEY ARE RIGHT THERE AS PLAN AS DAY AND THE 97 AT THE

REAR WHEELS IS ONLY THE CAI AND SCT PACKAGE. IF YOU WHAT TO TALK PULLEY ,

CAI AND SCT TUNE PACKAGE THAT IS 144 REARWHEEL HORSE POWER.

SCOTTY

SCOTTY,

Just re read my post please before you post.

I'm asking for 3rd party real world numbers, not manufacture claims

Forums are full of ours, I'm asking for Steedas.

Oh, and I'm not putting them down, I'm asking for back ups to the claims. Please don't start this into I love mine and your bashing others.

All work, all are good, but none produce repeatable 97 RWHP gains!

Thanks for you energy, but I'm just telling people to research first, buy second.

How did you get that from his response? :huh:

vbalouzian,

Call JLT and ask for Jay, you will not be disappointed. It is by far the best CAI on the market. We use them exclusively and have had fantastic results, plus the fit and finish is excellent.

http://www.jlttruecoldair.com

(757) 335-1940

Colin Sebern

Griggs Racing

SCOTTY,

Just re read my post please before you post.

I'm asking for 3rd party real world numbers, not manufacture claims

Forums are full of ours, I'm asking for Steedas.

Oh, and I'm not putting them down, I'm asking for back ups to the claims. Please don't start this into I love mine and your bashing others.

Thanks for you energy, but I'm just telling people to research first, buy second.

OK JAY,

I DID READ YOUR POST AND YOU ASK FOR DYNO NUMBERS AND NOT MAGAZINE CLAIMS ETC.

I GAVE YOU THE STEEDA WEBSITE AND DYNO NUMBER LOCATIONS. NOW YOU

SHOULD GO AND READ YOUR OWN POST, AS FOR YOU NOT PUTTING DOWN STEEDA

I QUOTE YOU STATED:

I understand backing a product you love (or racer ) but to boast 97 RWHP from a CAI is just plain wrong. If not I want to see these dyno graphs, not the advertisment or magazine statement.

YOU ABOVE STATMENTS ARE WRONG SO ONCE AGAIN GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE DYNO GRAPHS

ON THE STEEDA WEBSITE

JAY YOU ALSO STATED THIS:

Please don't start this into I love mine and your bashing others.

AND AS FOR YOUR PRODUCT NOT ONCE DID I MENTION OR BASH IT OR ANY OTHER VENDORS

ONCE AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ?

WHY COULD YOU NOT LET ME OR OTHER PEOPLE LIKE OUR VENDOR OR PRODUCTS

WITHOUT PUTTING THEM DOWN OR ME. I QUOTE YOU AGAIN

THE DYNO RESULTS FROM STEEDA SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES AND SHOW 97 RWHP

FROM A CAI AND TUNE AND 144 RWHP FROM CAI, TUNE , AND PULLEY.

SO THERE YOU GO JAY THE PROVEN DYNO FACTS GO TO THEIR WEBSITE.

SO HAVE A NICE DAY AND STOP BASHING OTHER VENDORS LIKE STEEDA.

I haven't bashed anyone, don't put words in my mouth!

A full page of you telling me and other to go to the STEEDA web site for results.

slow down Scotty and read.

I didn't come in here to argue with you.

Have fun pushing a product that gets "97 RWHP" without a single 3rd party customer getting it.

I've got much better things to do,

Have a great weekend guys!

SCOTTY,

I have been reading this thread and I don't understand your thinking, but I do agree with what Jay has said. He's not bashing you or Steeda. Chill baby chill. B)

Relax PLEASE. Everything does not have to be a pissing match.

Now go enjoy your week end. :happy feet:

It seems most of the CAI's out there are good. I have the C&L CAI, with VMP tune and OEM 2.65" pulley. C&L fits PERFECT, looks great, and the combo of tune, pulley, and CAI performs GREAT. Have driven about 1500 miles since install, and never a problem. FWIW.

I AGREE WITH YOU FRANK MOST CAI OUT THERE ARE GOOD AND IT REALLY COMES

DOWN TO THE LOOKS OF THE CAI AND WHAT YOU LIKE BETTER.

AND THE C&L INTAKE LOOKS AWESOME AND WITH A TUNE FROM JUSTIN AT VMP

YOU CAN NOT GO WRONG.

SCOTTY

Archived