TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Guys - TWS Event

TRT 0403

My first road racing event and boy did I have a ball. My instructor, John George, was outstanding and very patient with this old gray haired beginner. I can't believe the progress I made in two days. I'm hooked now and ready for more.

My thanks to everyone involved. It's a great program and I met a lot of very nice racing fanatics.

I did one ride with a 71 year old instructor. I want to drive just like him when I grow up!! :happy feet: :shift:

My first road racing event and boy did I have a ball. My instructor, John George, was outstanding and very patient with this old gray haired beginner. I can't believe the progress I made in two days. I'm hooked now and ready for more.

My thanks to everyone involved. It's a great program and I met a lot of very nice racing fanatics.

I did one ride with a 71 year old instructor. I want to drive just like him when I grow up!! :happy feet: :shift:

How did you like the handling of your 40th? I've tracked mine twice now and had a blast.

How did you like the handling of your 40th? I've tracked mine twice now and had a blast.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but I was very happy with the way it handled........especially when my instructor took the wheel for a few laps. Like you say, it was a blast, a total blast.

On behalf of Track Guys we are glad you had a good safe time. The event went well with more participants than ever.

We will have our photos up soon and I will post the link. If you let me know which car you were in and where to send it I'll send you a CDR of your car in hi res.

Hear, hear!!

My instructor was Marty, and it could not have been a better pairing!!

I fully intend to join Trackguys.com again in September at Hallett!

That is my favorite track for the motorcycles, I can't wait to drive it!

Ditto on the great time with a great group of racing fanatics. Jeff Lacina at Track Guys does a first class job (even with a red flag test while on track) and the TWS folks are first rate course officals. Kudos to my instructor, Bud Sharp, who showed a lot of patience and resolve in improving my on track skills.

Already anticipating the Mid America and Track Guys events at Hallett in June and Sept so I can track the new Terlingua. Met many blue oval people who will also be at Mid America.

It was good to see OilBleak back in the saddle for the parade laps in his new GT and his friendly waves as the Finish Line track offical.

As SPR SNK said, hooked now for life. :shift:

Jim

Hey Guys...

It was a pleasure meeting you at TWS... and on behalf of the Track Guys staff and instructor crew, we're glad that you had fun and hopefully learned a little something about performance driving. And, just think, you got to run TWS in a "rare" direction! So, guess you'll just have to come back next year and run it counter-clockwise!

Seat time, seat time, seat time... drive guys, drive! And, based on your instructors' comments, you both came a long ways in a short time. Well done!

Photos from the event can be seen here: http://www.bluemelon.com/cafephoto/trackguyssvttws3-2009

Ron B. has some great shots of you guys too... It was sooool cool seeing not one, not two but FOUR black GT500s in the same run group!

Hope to see you at another Track Guys event...

Jeff Lacina

Owner / Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

Archived