TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V6 Mustang supercharger?

kahmann

A good buddy of mine is shopping for a V6 Mustang (05-09) to build into a lightweight, well handling, high performance sleeper.

Who builds a supercharger for the V6 other than Paxton and Procharger, if anyone?

Thanks for any advice or info you can lend.

Ken

EDIT: Also, is there any obvious advantage or disadvantage to adding a turbo vs. a supercharger to the 4.0L? I've never had anything to do with the V6, so forgive me if my questions are naive. :)

Vortech makes a great supercharger system for the 2005-9 Mustang V6. Click here for details.

img-93-0-xlarge.jpg

With further tuning, more boost, and supporting mods, there's no reason this couldn't easily hit 400 flywheel hp.

Thanks for the heads up. I heard somewhere that Paxton was owned by Vortech. Any truth to that? Are their blowers different from one another? Thanks again.

Ken

Thanks for the heads up. I heard somewhere that Paxton was owned by Vortech. Any truth to that? Are their blowers different from one another? Thanks again.

Ken

Paxton & Vortech are the same company now, and some of their systems are basically identical. I have the Vortech V2 S-trim in my '07 GT, and it looks identical to Paxton's Novi 1200. Same head unit, brackets, inlet pipes, etc. Different aftercoolers on the HO systems, IIRC, though.

Good form, Brian! :happy feet:

Why thank you, Bryan. We're here to represent the goodness that is Vortech, you & I. I'll be heading to the dyno next Sunday for some adjustments to my tunes now that I've changed a couple minor items underhood. Not expecting much more power, if any, unless the tuning can be more aggressive than before. There's gotta be an 11-second timeslip right around the corner for me with just a little more work.

Paxton, Vortech, X-Charger, ProCharger - Superchargers

Zex - Nitrous

Powerhouse Pipeline, Forced4 Torque Twister - Turbochargers.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Forced Induction on the 4.0 V6 is on this forum: http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=679

Perfect thanks!

This guy is a life long pal of mine and after spending a week with me and my Mustangs in March, he's dead set on getting one of his own now.

He likes the idea of the fuel efficiency of the V6, not to mention the price tag. But he still wants to go fast (and build an unique V6 in the process). ;)

Also, if anyone has or knows of a used V6 05-09 in the Pacific NW, let me know. Thanks again guys.

Ken

p.s. I'm still trying to convince him to build a CS6 or send it in for the TRT package, but he's not convinced just yet.

Try www.explorerexpress.com

Explorer Express has a Roots Style Super Charger that will give your V6 Mustang 300 HP.

Thanks a lot I'll pass that on to my buddy. He mentioned at one point that he really wished that he could find a roots style S/C for the V6.

I'm sure he'll take a long look at this. Thanks again.

Ken

Archived