TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang new changes

diamondback

WARNING... JUST my opinion.

First of all the new camaro and 2010 mustang look nothing alike and the mustang looks better in my opinion but also in my opinion it seems the changes that were made to the 2010 mustang were targeted to steal the camaros thunder and to do so the mustang took from the new camaro a bit I think.

Power dome hood(very chevy)

lower rear bumper(this one I wish they didnt do)

the new rim styles are very chevy like

the squished headlight front end

rear hips

Ambient lighting(I am pretty sure the camaro had this one speced out first)

Does anyone else get the same feeling that ford was trying to cover the camaros features to keep the majority of the pony market share?

I think you're probably right. But also, Ford is trying to work itself away from the retro look and towards whatever it's planning for 2012 (?).

The 2010 Mustang has been in the works since 2004, long before the new Camaro was unveiled. The rear 'hips' are a design cue back to the '69 and '70 model cars. These things take a very long time to go from concept to produciton, especially when a long corporate ladder is involved.

The ambient lighting package has been an option for a couple of years now.

The 2010 Mustang has been in the works since 2004, long before the new Camaro was unveiled. The rear 'hips' are a design cue back to the '69 and '70 model cars. These things take a very long time to go from concept to produciton, especially when a long corporate ladder is involved.

The ambient lighting package has been an option for a couple of years now.

Yeah, but haven't we been hearing about this "new" Camaro since, like, 1985 :hysterical: So, certainly the spies have been back and forth!! :dance:

Archived