TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just order a 2010 GT500

Guys,

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate learning of your ownership experiences with your GT500's. I see from my internet searing that a stock GT500 will run high 12's stock. I also see that the 2010 Camaro run's 13 flat. With about 100 more HP on the GT500, I'd expect the gap to be much wider.

What do you guys think? The Shelby is about 10K more than the Camaro. Is it worth the extra 10K? and how do you like yours?

I really appreciate your opinions.

Thanks,

Jim

Welcome to the group and congrats on the order. These are great cars that have an unlimited amount of mods that can be done. I love mine and would never think of trading for anything else.

Best of luck.

Dan

Welcome to the forum Grabber I really think you will be pleased when you get her & take it for its first spin, of coarse you have to post some pictures its a rule arouund here.

Thank you.

Guys,

I'm new to this forum and would appreciate learning of your ownership experiences with your GT500's. I see from my internet searing that a stock GT500 will run high 12's stock. I also see that the 2010 Camaro run's 13 flat. With about 100 more HP on the GT500, I'd expect the gap to be much wider.

What do you guys think? The Shelby is about 10K more than the Camaro. Is it worth the extra 10K? and how do you like yours?

Thanks,

Jim

I really don't think comparing the GT500 to the Camaro or the SS Camaro is a good comparison. The fair comparison would be comparing it to the Z28 that it sounds unlikely they will build now. The Mustang GT is a better comparison to the SS Camaro.

I think you'll love the GT500 and have no regrets.

JMO

HSURB®

Guys,

Thanks,

Jim

I'm sure that you will love your GT500. This is a great car, with an engine that is capable of handling much more than the stock 500HP (now 540). Adding a Stage 2 kit (CAI, pulley and tune) will net you an additional 100HP or so for around $1,200. If you still want more power, there are several options to choose from. Unless GM releases the Z28 Camaro (not in the plans for now), getting the same HP with a Camaro SS would close the price gap in a hurry. I suggest that you search this site, and also visit the vendors' sites to learn more about the potential of the GT500.

Thanks for the welcome and info guys. I really like what Ford did with the 2010 GT500. I use to own a 90LX 5.0 and a 1987 Grand National that I ordered new back in '87. Paid 13.8K for it back then. It's been a while since I had a muscle car and this will probably be my last, so I want to make this my best one. I never thought that I'd pay this much for any car, out the door it will be about 50K. Wow! I was told by the dealer that Ford has not released the production date yet, but they thought that I'd take delivery sometime in the fall, which is fine with me becuase I have to save more funds. I quess I was just getting cold feet and wanted some reafirmation that I was making the right choice, so thanks for the feedback.

With the pully mod, does this void the factory warantee or shorten the life of the motor? Also, I was thinking that maybe just improving the suspension so as to put the 540 it has to the road. I know Ford made some suspension improvements in 2010, so I don't know how that aftermarket will compare.

Regards,

Jim

Archived