TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SUPER SNAKE JACKETS

Ok, well I just got an e-mail from Cynthia, so now we are back to "waiting on Quantum to validate the CSM list".

She told me that that would be done "today".

I would really like to have my jacket before the winter is over....... :(

Aggie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have yet to hear a word on my jacket. I think I even ordered two. It was a year ago when my car rolled into SAI, and 8 months since I took possession of the car. Does anyone know why it takes so long to make these jackets? I ordered some jackets with logos and names on them for my comapany the other day and it took 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the Mustang Assembly plant in Flat Rock next week to pick up my new FR500CJ. It sure would have been nice to have my SS jacket to wear... and not just because it will be cold when I get there. Maybe the 50 CJ owners can get together and get some jackets made..... anybody have a recommendation on who to get to make them? or not?

I'm going to the Mustang Assembly plant in Flat Rock next week to pick up my new FR500CJ. It sure would have been nice to have my SS jacket to wear... and not just because it will be cold when I get there. Maybe the 50 CJ owners can get together and get some jackets made..... anybody have a recommendation on who to get to make them? or not?

DON'T use the company Shelby uses!!

• 1 month later...

Here is were we are at:

The original order went in and was filled and delivered, last year. Now..........there were no mod shops on the list for the original. That issue was solved just prior to the holidays last year. There were also some owners who never provided information. Due to turnover, some information was not collected and the owners assumed it was. And some remote information was not provided. This created a need for a second list. This is the one we are awaiting delivery.

That being said, we had everything and everyone who qualified for the jacket at no charge covered. All the orders were placed and everything was a go. Then the vendor who was handling the order notified us that the plant was moving to another state and the jackets would be delayed.

Shortly after and inquiry on ship dates we found out the plant never reopened and the vendor had to search for another supplier. This is the current manufacture.

So where does that leave us now: as of today the remaining jackets are in production. The vendor is to provide a ship date this week. Trust me here, we check on this weekly. Jackets from Mod Shops are being shipped to the shops and they will send to owners. Jackets our or our facility will be shipped through our shipping department. There are a few exceptions where some owners will receive their jacket from SAI

Any owner who would like a jacket that took delivery after March 31, 2009 can order their jacket through the Shelby Store.

We hope this helps explain what has been going on and we know the frustration you and we have felt in this way too long process. We thank you for your patience and look forward to moving on.

Roger

Here is were we are at:

The original order went in and was filled and delivered, last year. Now..........there were no mod shops on the list for the original. That issue was solved just prior to the holidays last year. There were also some owners who never provided information. Due to turnover, some information was not collected and the owners assumed it was. And some remote information was not provided. This created a need for a second list. This is the one we are awaiting delivery.

That being said, we had everything and everyone who qualified for the jacket at no charge covered. All the orders were placed and everything was a go. Then the vendor who was handling the order notified us that the plant was moving to another state and the jackets would be delayed.

Shortly after and inquiry on ship dates we found out the plant never reopened and the vendor had to search for another supplier. This is the current manufacture.

So where does that leave us now: as of today the remaining jackets are in production. The vendor is to provide a ship date this week. Trust me here, we check on this weekly. Jackets from Mod Shops are being shipped to the shops and they will send to owners. Jackets our or our facility will be shipped through our shipping department. There are a few exceptions where some owners will receive their jacket from SAI

Any owner who would like a jacket that took delivery after March 31, 2009 can order their jacket through the Shelby Store.

We hope this helps explain what has been going on and we know the frustration you and we have felt in this way too long process. We thank you for your patience and look forward to moving on.

Roger

Thank you and appreciate the update Roger....

Alexandros

I picked up my car March 17, 2009. I assume my jackets are part of the 4/15 ship date?

If I was you I would call roger @ Shelby, and make sure your name got put on the list, at least then you know where you stand

• 3 weeks later...

Archived