PonyPWR Posted March 28, 2009 Report Share Posted March 28, 2009 Well the trip to Dallas went pretty smooth except for driving against the wind. We took the kids with and planned on seeing a few things on the way. But my truck just wasn't going as fast as I planned. Got down there a few hours behind schedule but big deal. Got to Quantum Thursday morning and all went really well the kids got to see some really nice cars that were in the shop. Glen showed us one of the V-6 Terlinqua cars. Just Beautiful. Pictures just don't do these car justice. We got all my parts in my Avelanche and the car in the car hauler. Found out there was a major storm coming and I just didn't want to stick around. I loaded up the family and we get to Kansas and my tranny on the truck broke down. Great luck. We were able to get the truck to go 35 mph on the turnpike. I had to get the family to a hotel. Luckily there is a Days Inn in Emporia right next to a Chevy dealer. Well the debate began about whether or not to drive the snake, illegaly, home. We have 3 kids. Or we could stick around for the storm and stay a few extra days. We decided to take the snake we left Kansas about about 11am and got home at 9:30pm. I left my broke a** truck. I am so glad we decided to take the snake. The further north we got the better the weather. We made it safe and didn't have to drive through any storms. Just some rain sprinkles, but boy does she need a bath. Now I am ready for some nice weather. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.