TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stain on Seat

gc12

After detailing my brand new GT500 KR the other day, I just noticed on the back of the passenger seat (on the lower right side) a stain, darker than the grey of the seat, the size of a baseball (looks like grease but its not). The car was obviously delivered to me with it. Knowing that the back of those seats are made of fake leather unlike the front, I've tried every plastic stain remover, soap, leather cleaner without any success. It looks almost like the fake leather fabric was already stained at the factory...

If anyone would have an idea on how to remove that spot without ordering a brand new seat, I'll be glad to hear it. Thanks.

Gilles

Try this... get a wet terry cloth, pour some Dawn liquid dish soap directly on terry cloth. Rub terry cloth a little so that it is now a little soapy, then rub the stain.

This is a tip I got from the detail person at a local Lexus dealership. They use this trick to clean leather then condition the leather. I have used this and have surprisingly good results.

GL ;)

After detailing my brand new GT500 KR the other day, I just noticed on the back of the passenger seat (on the lower right side) a stain, darker than the grey of the seat, the size of a baseball (looks like grease but its not). The car was obviously delivered to me with it. Knowing that the back of those seats are made of fake leather unlike the front, I've tried every plastic stain remover, soap, leather cleaner without any success. It looks almost like the fake leather fabric was already stained at the factory...

If anyone would have an idea on how to remove that spot without ordering a brand new seat, I'll be glad to hear it. Thanks.

Gilles

Gilles, If the Dawn dishwashing soap doesn't work, try getting the seat replaced under warranty. I had some stiching in my rear seat that was not correct (one inch area) and they replaced the seat. (please no cute comments!) It should be a warranty issue if you received the car in that condition. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot guys. I will try your trick Silverghost and see if it works. If not, I'll have the seat replaced.

I love those forums! Always someone to help.

Cheers :D

Thanks a lot guys. I will try your trick Silverghost and see if it works. If not, I'll have the seat replaced.

I love those forums! Always someone to help.

Cheers :D

If it is not covered by warranty the back panel can be replaced at any auto upholstery shop.

A picture would help me determine the fix needed. If you have time take a picture and send it to me.

OK thanks Showcar I will provide one right here in this very thread as soon as I get my camera back. It's a weird spot...darker than the rest of the seat and when you look at it from an angle, it is kind of shiny, at least more than the rest of the seat like if something has been sprayed on it. I tried soap, water and every other leather cleaner without success so far.

It could be the picture and I could be wrong but that looks like color dye on the seat. Does the stain look like the seat color but darker?

Yes you are correct. Also when you look at it from an angle, the spot is a bit more shiny than the rest of the seat...

Archived