TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Cobra Emblem

69dejavue

I recently rec'd an original cobra emblem from a 62-63 427 cobra. I am just curious of the value. I will NEVER sell it but I am curious of the value.

427 Cobras were sold in 1965-67. There have been many repro's made of the emblem over time.

What is the part number on the reverse side?

If you post a picture, we can ID the emblem.

427 Cobras were sold in 1965-67. There have been many repro's made of the emblem over time.

What is the part number on the reverse side?

If you post a picture, we can ID the emblem.

There is no part number on the reverse side. You can see where it appeared it was riveted. It may have been a 289 cobra but there is absolutely no doubt of its authenticity.

... but there is absolutely no doubt of its authenticity.

Good.

Is it the round style, like attached? They had p/n on reverse side, along with two pins that went thru the body and were used to hold the emblem with clips on the underside.

round_1.jpg

round_1.jpg

Good.

Is it the round style, like attached? They had p/n on reverse side, along with two pins that went thru the body and were used to hold the emblem with clips on the underside.

It is round but has a blue background rather than gold. You can see where there were two pins that were apparently ground off. No part number on the back side.

Here's another, from my collection of Cobra stuff. Probably had it for at least 30 yrs. I recall,the guy that gave it to me said it came from an original car,but,I can't say it is. Cast on reverse 963 that I can read,could be 1963?? Pins have had a tack weld and have been threaded, fairly sure that's not right,but,would have held it onto a car secure. Have a great day..Mike

post-5317-1238348894_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1238348905_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1238348894_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1238348905_thumb.jpg

Here's another, from my collection of Cobra stuff. Probably had it for at least 30 yrs. I recall,the guy that gave it to me said it came from an original car,but,I can't say it is. Cast on reverse 963 that I can read,could be 1963?? Pins have had a tack weld and have been threaded, fairly sure that's not right,but,would have held it onto a car secure. Have a great day..Mike

If your back ground is blue then it is similar to what I have. There is no number on the back but you can see where the pins were ground off. Any idea of value? As stated I will never sell because a friend gave to me. Just curious on value.

Archived