TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Watt's link Maintenance

MMcGuirk

Hi,

Took my car to Performance Art (local very cool mod shop) to have my wheels balanced and rotated. While I was there, I asked Kevin Patten to take a look at my Watt's link, as it has been noisier than usual lately.

As it turns out, the Heim joints are wearing. They have become elongated slightly and have significant play. Kevin sized the joints and is going to order replacements. He recommended going with new parts that have a kevlar bushing.

My hot rod is a daily driver and it's been 16k to 18k miles since I installed the Fay's 2. I guess my question on Heim joint life expectancy has been answered.

I will post again on this once the new joints are installed and I have an idea of cost and how the mod works.

Michael

Hi,

Took my car to Performance Art (local very cool mod shop) to have my wheels balanced and rotated. While I was there, I asked Kevin Patten to take a look at my Watt's link, as it has been noisier than usual lately.

As it turns out, the Heim joints are wearing. They have become elongated slightly and have significant play. Kevin sized the joints and is going to order replacements. He recommended going with new parts that have a kevlar bushing.

My hot rod is a daily driver and it's been 16k to 18k miles since I installed the Fay's 2. I guess my question on Heim joint life expectancy has been answered.

I will post again on this once the new joints are installed and I have an idea of cost and how the mod works.

Michael

I have the Fays 2 also. I would like to hear more about the replacement joints when you have them installed. Thanks.

An update on the heim joint issue -

We called Jim Fay an informed him of what's happening with my watt's link. He responded by sending me a complete set of replacement heim joints!

I can't say enough about Jim and the great service he has provided.

MM

Archived