TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cruise! Boston to Cape Cod!

chuckstang

A local detail shop in my area is having an anual cruise Sat April 11 leaving from South Shore Plaza mall parking lot at 9am.

I will be going in my GT500 of course and would like to try and get some other Shelbys in the other to come out.

This is open to everyone but please PM me so I can let the owner know because we will be stopping for lunch and just need an idea of how many tables and so on.

Cost is free, you pay for your own gas and food of course.

I have done this before and it is a blast. Many exotics including Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW will be there but I would love to try and get a great Shelby turn out to represent.

This will be a great way to start the season!

Bring cameras and video recorders and your girl or a friend!

I am not affiliated with this event in any way, I just want to meet and hang out with more fellow Shelby owners

A local detail shop in my area is having an anual cruise Sat April 11 leaving from South Shore Plaza mall parking lot at 9am.

I will be going in my GT500 of course and would like to try and get some other Shelbys in the other to come out.

This is open to everyone but please PM me so I can let the owner know because we will be stopping for lunch and just need an idea of how many tables and so on.

I have done this before and it is a blast. Many exotics including Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW will be there but I would love to try and get a great Shelby turn out to represent.

I am not affiliated with this event in any way, I just want to meet and hang out with more fellow Shelby owners

I'll go if my car is back from Tasca in time. I'll call tomorrow and see what's up.

Im not promising anything but i might try to make it out there. I can stay up in NH with an uncle so ill have somewhere to go. We will see but put me down as a preemptive.

Do you know if the event would be family-friendly? I usually have my 5 year old and 2 year old daughters on Saturday mornings. They are little car nuts, love to ride in the back seat of the Shelby (our "fancy car"), and would probably love it. If it's a more "adult-themed" time though I completely understand. Thanks,

-TC

Is that the South Shore Plaza in Braintree on RT37? If so what time do you plan on arriving to the Mall? I get out of work at 7:00am and it's about a 2 minute ride to the mall. I would pass on the trip to the cape, but would like to meet and greet before the rally. I will drive my Shelby to work that Friday night.

Is that the South Shore Plaza in Braintree on RT37? If so what time do you plan on arriving to the Mall? I get out of work at 7:00am and it's about a 2 minute ride to the mall. I would pass on the trip to the cape, but would like to meet and greet before the rally. I will drive my Shelby to work that Friday night.

Chuck,

I am game if my car is done!

Do you know if the event would be family-friendly? I usually have my 5 year old and 2 year old daughters on Saturday mornings. They are little car nuts, love to ride in the back seat of the Shelby (our "fancy car"), and would probably love it. If it's a more "adult-themed" time though I completely understand. Thanks,

-TC

I have been to a few of these events and it is definitely family friendly. They do not condone anything illegal, drag racing and so forth. I can post pics from past events. The cool thing is there will be a little of everything as far as cars goes.

I will talk to the owner and make sure though.

I plan to bring my lady with me but if I had kids I would put them in the back seat and laugh at all those who bought brought a Corvette hahaha

The event is posted on Facebook for anyone that has one, you can see more of the details and so forth.

The event is put on by YuppieRacing and DrivenPerfection.

All class acts

Thanks and I really hope to meet some members and show that Shelby cars are still alive and well!

I think people will begin to arrive at 8am but I think the departure time is going to be pretty close to 9 in order to get down there for time to eat, take pictures and head back home before dark.

I should add, even if you can not go on the cruise, it would still be fun to meet and talk cars for a bit.

I will be there by 830 at the latest.

Thanks

And yes that is the one, right across the highway from F1 Boston and the Sheraton hotel

Ok, I just talked to the owner, just an update.

Apparently there are allready something like 100 cars and the list he gave me is quite impressive!

Def leaning more toward the exotics, Euro and import but I he said I just need to give him a number of how many "the Shelby crew" will be bringing so they can pick an appropriate restaurant to hold all of us!

I will keep track and let him know monday how many plan to attend, if you end up not going, its ok, rather that than just showing up unannounced unless you just want to hang out which is cool to!

Departure will be more like 10am

thanks again, should be an awsome time!

Wish I could be there, but it's a long drive from Dallas. If you end up down in Harwich, please let me know if the Weatherdeck looks like it will be open.......I have heard rumors that it might eventually close one of these years, and since that was one of my regular spots during my teen years, I'm hoping it never does.

Archived