TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery Holder Instructions????????

It looks like it should be pretty simple, but I do not want to mess it up. Has anyone installed the Shelby Battery holder that can tell me what I am doing wrong? Step instructions of some sort?

Thanks

What's the problem?

I had the same issue when I installed this on my GT500. There's barely enough room at the back of the battery and with the cables it's not a very good fit at all. I contacted SPP, but they didn't have much advice for me.

Are you trying to put the strap all the way back under the front bracket? After I experimented with just tucking the strap behind the front of the bracket without putting back in the stock position, there was a little more play in centering the bracket. I got it positioned fairly well now. I also shifted the battery cables around to adjust things.

Hope this helps. My car is in Vegas now getting Super Snaked or I would send you a picture.

Guest hfrosso

looks like i'm not the only one that had this problem, looks like the part was made for a bigger battery,i try as best as i coud to make fit nicely,had a hard time.

ended up putting another strap in the back side of the battery to hold the top piece down and it worked, but everyone that looks closer notice that the top piece is longer than the battery.

2evsv3t.jpg

See how on the one end it hangs over, I tucked the wires under it to make it cleaner.

It is odd that everything I order from Shelby has no instructions, it is not like the parts are inexpensive.

The pic of this thing on the SPP site looked odd to me too. I'll be honest and say, before I buy something from SPP, I always ask if someone has bought it and how they like it , etc. first. I'm thinking of getting an adjustable panhard bar and lower control arms which SPP is about to release. However, I'm not going to buy them until someone else has had experience with them first. Even then I may just go with BMR. On my car, I seem to have had some trouble with everthing SPP or Scott Drake did and no trouble with the Ford Racing parts.

The pic of this thing on the SPP site looked odd to me too. I'll be honest and say, before I buy something from SPP, I always ask if someone has bought it and how they like it , etc. first. I'm thinking of getting an adjustable panhard bar and lower control arms which SPP is about to release. However, I'm not going to buy them until someone else has had experience with them first. Even then I may just go with BMR. On my car, I seem to have had some trouble with everthing SPP or Scott Drake did and no trouble with the Ford Racing parts.

SPP should be a participant on this forum so that questions can be asked, advice and instructions provided, etc. After all, they are SHELBY Performance Parts!!

Why aren't they? :headscratch:

SPP should be a participant on this forum so that questions can be asked, advice and instructions provided, etc. After all, they are SHELBY Performance Parts!!

Why aren't they? :headscratch:

To be fair, I have seen Enrique from SPP weigh in on some of the forum posts. He's also very responsive if you e-mail him.

It appears you have it on right. I too disagree with how it fits. The only thing I could figure is its made to fit holding the wires against the battery. If you dont do that it looks crappy and way long. The only thing I had to use was the picture from the SPP online catalog when installing mine because mine didnt come with instructions either. Below is the picture I used. its hard to see but if you look closely youll see the wires inside the hold down.

+1 on SPP participating on this forum and hopefully participating more then Amy does on her forum.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/User...arge/101067.jpg

Archived