TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So Now What...Air Bag Dash Cover MIA

GT500-2007

So...after months of hesitation and overthinking, I finally get the nerve up to remove the passenger side airbag cover and send it off to be signed. Thanks to everyone on this forum for posting instructions and all the information...by far it is the best source/forum for hands on information regarding our cars. :happy feet: :happy feet:

So I pack it up, fill out the forms and off to FedEx I go. Hand it over the counter (this is a FedEx depot, not a mail drop or box drop), get my receipt and go home happy.... A few days pass so I go up to FedEx.com to track the package and make sure it arrived....but a strange thing, the tracking shows the package still sitting at the location where I dropped it off. Hmmmm...I call FedEx and they too are puzzled....The customer service agent calls the drop off site to confirm the information but the dropoff site says they don't have the package...oh oh...... :cry::cry:

Well FedEx launches a trace and investigation but as the package never left the drop off location the tracking has little to go on. They recommend I go back to the drop off location, talk to the manager of the site and have them do a physical search of the site. I do that but, unfortunately....no package. :cry::cry:

Next step file a claim and hope they pay off on it but as I have no receipt or invoice for the standalone part no one is sure how much they will actually reimburse. Alas...so here I sit looking at a hole in my dash with a bottle of beer in hand wondering what to do next (other than buying a whole new airbag assembly from FORD for $700.00). Anyone have any ideas......by the way I did think about taking out my anger on the FedEx site but I'm not sure how far that would go on getting my part back... :banghead:

I know, I know... it sucks to be me....

GT

Really sorry to hear about this! Sounds like FedEx owes you a cover. You only need a new cover, not the entire module.

Edit - when I sent mine, I used UPS and insured it for $200. I had UPS pack it also, as that way they are completely responsible.

Seems like I paid $90. and change at my local ford dealer. They give us Mustang owners the jobber discount price if we belong to the local Mustang club. You might ask for the discount.

And you never know, even though Fed Ex can't seem to locate the package right now, it could very likely re-appear. It's happend to me before. :headscratch:

Anyone happen to know what the part number is for the cover alone (Shelby GT500)? My local FORD dealer tells me they can't order the cover alone. According to them, I need to order the entire airbag assembly. They're not the best to work with but they are local and I'd save the shipping costs if I can get a local dealer to order it.

Thanks.....

GT

Anyone happen to know what the part number is for the cover alone (Shelby GT500)? My local FORD dealer tells me they can't order the cover alone. According to them, I need to order the entire airbag assembly. They're not the best to work with but they are local and I'd save the shipping costs if I can get a local dealer to order it.

Thanks.....

GT

This is the black one for the GT500. I put it in my car after getting it signed.

AirbagsignedbyCarrollShelby006.jpg

Archived