TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque

progolferv1

Just order my sign dash plaque. Its says 8 to 10 weeks. Does it really take that long? what has been your experience on time frame for these?

It's catch if catch can................some guys have reported really quick turn around time and others, like myself have had to wait the 8-10 weeks.

Mr. Shelby signs them in bunches when he is available to do so. Maybe you'll get lucky :happy feet:

Just order my sign dash plaque. Its says 8 to 10 weeks. Does it really take that long? what has been your experience on time frame for these?

Mine was under a month as well. I think I ordered it... in December and had it pretty much a month later (January). You are better off ordering them in the winter months, because (per service) Carroll isn't traveling around as much, and is easier to catch. I would say late spring/summer orders have the potential to take longer.

- Gabe

• 3 weeks later...
Got the call yesterday .... my plague is in the mail and I should have it in a few days! :happy feet: That was really fast considering I ordered it March 17th. :speedie:

Sweeeet you're gonna love it!! It hasn't been warm enough for me to put the lacquer on though, so I haven't installed it yet, just the sill plates.

:shift::shift::shift:

ordered 3/15/09 got the email shipped 4/14/09 waiting eagerly oh yeah my bank account got the bill also but such is life should look real nice on the dash?

is applying the krylon a must I've read where a couple of people didnt do it just stuck it on there

but on second thought im sure one of my jackass army buddies would touch it without thinking and smear mr shelbys signature

ordered 3/15/09 got the email shipped 4/14/09 waiting eagerly oh yeah my bank account got the bill also but such is life should look real nice on the dash?

is applying the krylon a must I've read where a couple of people didnt do it just stuck it on there

but on second thought im sure one of my jackass army buddies would touch it without thinking and smear mr shelbys signature

The signature won't smear by touching it. I would not put any cleaners on it. I think the Krylon will crack and yellow over a several years. Guess we will see who still has a legible signature in 10 or 20 years?

The signature won't smear by touching it. I would not put any cleaners on it. I think the Krylon will crack and yellow over a several years. Guess we will see who still has a legible signature in 10 or 20 years?

Krylon would no longer be in business if that were true.

It's catch if catch can................some guys have reported really quick turn around time and others, like myself have had to wait the 8-10 weeks.

Mr. Shelby signs them in bunches when he is available to do so. Maybe you'll get lucky :happy feet:

You would think he would have years of these things already signed and in storage so they could keep putting these on cars fo the next decade.

You would think he would have years of these things already signed and in storage so they could keep putting these on cars fo the next decade.

I think they would have trouble making them for future cars, because of the VIN numbers... just a thought...

Any rate, getting mine on today - first 70 degree day since last year!!

just picked up my plaque. going to seal it tomorrow and install

Noob question...I am considering a purchase of a GT500 within days...I saw there were dash plaques however the dealer I am dealing with said '09s' don't have them. What is the procedure to get the plaque? Also, SVT used to send a whole bunch of goodies, along with a certificate that said "you now own a SVT product". They still do that?

Dan

Former SVTs-93 Cobra, 95 Cobra, 97 Cobra, 02 L

Current ride-Lingenfelter Corvette

Noob question...I am considering a purchase of a GT500 within days...I saw there were dash plaques however the dealer I am dealing with said '09s' don't have them. What is the procedure to get the plaque? Also, SVT used to send a whole bunch of goodies, along with a certificate that said "you now own a SVT product". They still do that?

Dan

Former SVTs-93 Cobra, 95 Cobra, 97 Cobra, 02 L

Current ride-Lingenfelter Corvette

'Morn'n Devil - welcome to TS!! I'm ex-Marine too :-) Anyways... the GT500's now do not come with plaques, and I'm not sure that they did? At any rate, if you have a VIN #, you send that off to get the plaque printed and then signed by Caroll Shelby. If you order it during the winter months, the turn around is quick because he's not traveling around as much. You can find the plaque here:

Dash Plaque

I did not get any certificates from the Shelby, strange enough, but I can't vouch for everyone else... Mostly I got looks from the dealership and a lot of "Holy *&%$ that thing is SWEEEET"!!

'Morn'n Devil - welcome to TS!! I'm ex-Marine too :-) Anyways... the GT500's now do not come with plaques, and I'm not sure that they did? At any rate, if you have a VIN #, you send that off to get the plaque printed and then signed by Caroll Shelby. If you order it during the winter months, the turn around is quick because he's not traveling around as much. You can find the plaque here:

Dash Plaque

I did not get any certificates from the Shelby, strange enough, but I can't vouch for everyone else... Mostly I got looks from the dealership and a lot of "Holy *&%$ that thing is SWEEEET"!!

Please explain the plaque ordering process. Is there an application form, web address, fee involved?

Thanks

Please explain the plaque ordering process. Is there an application form, web address, fee involved?

Thanks

BigBlockFord - if you follow the link it will take you to where you can find the plaque on Shelby Perfomance's website. Here it is again:

Click here for the plaque

Click "add to cart" and proceed to check out - make sure you enter you VIN# in the "special instructions" box. Once you check out they will make the plaque with your VIN number etched into it, and then it just takes Carroll's signature! Once that's done it's sent back to you in the mail, along with the "GT500" still plates (which go where the "SVT" ones are right now). There is a shipping and handling fee, but other than that, that's it!

Hope that helps,

Gabe

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please provide me the link as to where you ordered it from? I've searched for the past hour and cannot find it.

• 1 month later...

Archived