TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT0471, Trip to SAI for the Whipple 550 S/C KIT!!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear you Scotty I had been drooling for awhile, and man was I excited to pull into the parking lot at SAI!!

I think it was good however, as I got used to the suspension and the car before bumping it up in HP and if Carnuts dyno is typical...well worth it!! :happy feet:

Bud had said that mine was indeed the first SGT to get the 550 kit at SAI, pretty cool, and I am totally honored and grateful to have the opprotunity.

Also you will be in terrific hands with Bud and the fellas... My car was treated like a gold brick when I dropped it off and the guys looked it over very very throughly. And we had a great conversation to boot, most of all it was fun! No uptight stuff around there, SAI has a top notch crew even at the cafe. I noticed it at the 427 race as well!

We also checked out the cars in the museum area and when I go back I am going to go on the tour...I am stoked!!!

They were having all Mopar drags the weekend I was there. Cool! I have my CS driving shoes in the trunk and I may bring my helmet down with me just in case there is an event where I can get the car on the track at LVMS when I go back to Vegas...

After seeing a Terilinguia and talking with Bud, the Terilinguias are looking super cool to me and my Pops...now if my wife could only ditch that Passat wagon! Haha!

First 550 Whipple at SAI Vegas. Sounds like a notation in the Registry!!!!

The Terlinguas really are awesome, I got to drive one on the track at LVMS in January,

the package is fantastic.

th_L1030562.jpg

th_L1030564.jpg

Cool! I heard they are amazing cars! Something about a hot shoe in one embarrassed some cobras on the track or something like that...hhhmmmmmm. Would lov eto hear one with the sidepipes at full tilt.

I don't think there will be. I contacted Roger about this before if they annotated in order or by number the guys that got the kits when I got mine done and was told "no".

I would be surprised if they were in the registry in order as there is no numbers to record, but I'd bet they will be by date...

The Paxtons had serial numbers from SAI and in my many questions to Bud he explained that they use whatever number came out of the box. The other kits are not serialized with numbers...

My car will not be sold by me so it is just a little tidbit of coolness when b.s.ing about my car with other car freaks...

My main dilemma was solved when the certification was pulled from the Paxtons as the history of those and the looks really appeal to me.

I thought that certification being pulled was only for the '08's? No?

I too want to get to SAI, hopefully this summer/fall. I want the Paxton for my 07. Is that no longer possible?

Great story Mc! Congrats and keep safe. :drool:

Bud would be the one to ask, But I thought I heard no more certification for the Paxton on 07s.

Do we think they will spend the money to go back & re-certifiy the 07s or just move forward?

that is the only question left as SAI has stopped doing Paxtons on 07s.

There is a very low number of 07s with Paxtons, rare indeed.

Just a suggestion. I noticed in your pictures, they put the fuel line from one fuel injector rail to the other over the top of that beautiful polished blower. Ask them to route the hose under the back of the blower. It will look better. See the attached picture.

post-3252-1238217444_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1238217444_thumb.jpg

I thought that certification being pulled was only for the '08's? No?

I too want to get to SAI, hopefully this summer/fall. I want the Paxton for my 07. Is that no longer possible?

Great story Mc! Congrats and keep safe. :drool:

No Paxtons yet for 07's...they said they are in the process of recertifying...could be awhile from what I read on the forums. You ac stil get one but SAI cannot install without certification from what I understand as they are manufacturers.

I vascillated between the three forever...in the end the concensus is that all 3 are whats happening...

Thanks for the compliment and I will do my best!

Now Randy...hopefully you talked Bud into testing several of the Whipples to ensure that the loudest one is on your car.

Ken.

(We met at the Harley Cafe during the loudest S.C. with Mark K. GTH176)

Howdy Ken! I am a sucker for loud mechanical things... :hysterical: How did you dig the race?

Just a suggestion. I noticed in your pictures, they put the fuel line from one fuel injector rail to the other over the top of that beautiful polished blower. Ask them to route the hose under the back of the blower. It will look better. See the attached picture.

Thanks! I am with you on that...I wondered what that was!

Well I have expressed apprehension on this site about supercharging and longevity. But I have also read Chip's posts about supercharging and he is far more knowledgable than I on this issue. So a supercharger should be just like love and Romeo and Juliet. Love doth so moderately. With moderation I hope your engine lasts forever. If you melt a piston or break a rod it is not an extreme issue unless you create a block with a view (window). Otherwise just have it rebuilt with forged internals. Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh yea, more photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mc, great read man. I'm envious. Enjoyed the video and seeing the pics of your car at SAI...I know you're stoked. That's gonna be a fun ride home. When will it be ready? Enjoy and post pics of the end results.

Jim

Thanks Pastor, I will keep updating with all the pics I can and will definentally post more when I go back to Vegas...

Thinking about more tire now...and some GT500 brembos...

Let's see some DYNO numbers! :)

Ken

Mc, how long do you have to leave the SGT at SAI for everything to be completed?

No Idea, Bud said to call 1 week later...I am just going to wait for his call however...I know the shop is busy and having worked in a shop myself I know its done when its done....no worries here...

I've seen a couple cars here in the forum that had S/C installs done and there was a hose running over the top of the S/C. Not sure why they would not have re-routed it regardless of the instructions on the kit. Mine was done at Tampa Bay Shelby and done quite clean I must admit and looks factory. They even switched fuel rails to allow for the fuel gage sensor adapter and more clearance. If not shifted it would have been a pain and all bunched up. :happy feet:

I was told it had to do with heat on the fuel line maybe vaporizing the fuel and/or the possibility of the hose degrading....possible fuel leaks... :extinguish:

Whipple says over the top...maybe a good question for Mr. Whipple?

I will admit yours looks killer and my wife says its all your fault why I do these things to my cars!!!!!!!!!!hahaha!!

Archived