TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Launches Shelby Signature Foods

"He also helped start the “Chili’s” restaurant chain with Larry Lavine in 1975. Shelby was involved in choosing the menu and designing the restaurants. Many of them feature décor from the Terlingua Chili Cook-offs that Shelby helped create. "

wow- I never knew that. Cool

"He also helped start the “Chili’s” restaurant chain with Larry Lavine in 1975. Shelby was involved in choosing the menu and designing the restaurants. Many of them feature décor from the Terlingua Chili Cook-offs that Shelby helped create. "

wow- I never knew that. Cool

If you check a Chili's menu, you will find, no joke, Terlingua Chili. And it is mighty fine.

Jim

If you check a Chili's menu, you will find, no joke, Terlingua Chili. And it is mighty fine.

Jim

We go there. In fact we stopped there on our last trip to Vegas since our friends were both working. Now my wife likes Chili's Margs (I got her She got herself drunk on 1/2 :) ).

Now we're going to have to go back to see this. Pretty cool.

Can't wait to see some of these Shelby foods in our store! Although, being all the way over here in CT, that could take awhile.....

Wow, just wow........anything for more money. Hey, my mom makes an excellent home made tomato sauce.......want to buy that, even healthier than 'warehouse' food.

Diversification. You have Paul Newman who was an actor, but healthier and better tasting salsa in his line than many other brands. Trump comes out with something every once in a while for a cash infusion (haven't tried his "vodka" yet but something might get the best of me). A few others that I can't think of right now.

Actually, you can start a small business off your tomato sauce if you try. Start at some local shops and BBQ events and such selling jars of your sauce. As demand and profit goes up, expand. Sweet Blazes could be a good example (BBQ sauce) but the site looks down :(http://www.sweetblazes.com/. They had/have some really good sauces.

Good for him. I hope he makes millions on it and helps more kids. He really is inspiring.

THAT'S EXACTLY IT !!!!!

PEOPLE LIKE PAUL NEWMAN AND CARROL SHELBY ARE RAISING MONEY FOR SICK KIDS AND NOT

FOR THEIR OWN POCKETS. I HOPE HE MAKES MILLIONS ALSO. IT IS PEOPLE LIKE MR. SHELBY

AND MR. NEWMAN THAT MAKE ME PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.

SCOTTY

Archived