TEAM SHELBY FORUM

03/04 Cobra or 2010 GT

Pathman

I'm thinking of buying another pony car. I rarely drive the GT500, spend most of my time in my F150. My company needs my truck and will be purchasing it from me in the next couple of weeks. Now, instead of pocketing the cash, I have to buy another a vehicle, you guys know this is an addiction right? I'm contemplating a 03/04 Cobra, I've found quite a few available with less than 15k miles for sale in the mid to low 20's, and I figure a new 2010 GT coupe will be in the mid to upper 20 range, so what's the move. Always fun having a brand new ride, but the Terminators are one hell of a blast to drive. Opinions please.

I'm thinking of buying another pony car. I rarely drive the GT500, spend most of my time in my F150. My company needs my truck and will be purchasing it from me in the next couple of weeks. Now, instead of pocketing the cash, I have to buy another a vehicle, you guys know this is an addiction right? I'm contemplating a 03/04 Cobra, I've found quite a few available with less than 15k miles for sale in the mid to low 20's, and I figure a new 2010 GT coupe will be in the mid to upper 20 range, so what's the move. Always fun having a brand new ride, but the Terminators are one hell of a blast to drive. Opinions please.

I had an 03 10th anniversary and it was a blast to drive. If you can find one of those in that price range, I'd go that route.

If it's going to be a daily driver with a lot of traffic congestion, I'd suggest the 2010 GT with an automatic. The Terminators make nice weekend toys, and could certainly be a daily driver with light traffic, but a new 2010 GT will still be fun and easier & more comfortable on a daily basis.

I never had enough leg room in the SN95 cars. The S197 models are more comfortable for me.

The 04 have lots of mod options and can be just as fast as the GT500 but with HP always comes traction and handling issues.

New car also means new warranty and care free driving for several years.

Let us know what you decide.

Maybe I am missing something. If you have a GT500 already, why don't you just put your money in the GT500? It will be a blast to drive and can still be a daily driver.

Maybe I am missing something. If you have a GT500 already, why don't you just put your money in the GT500? It will be a blast to drive and can still be a daily driver.

Why would you want an 03 Cobra if you have a Shelby? The interior on 03/04's is cheap garbage. I think you should either not buy another car or add 10-15k to your budget and get a used Porsche 911 for your daily driver.

Why would you want an 03 Cobra if you have a Shelby? The interior on 03/04's is cheap garbage. I think you should either not buy another car or add 10-15k to your budget and get a used Porsche 911 for your daily driver.

No brainer go with a 03, 04 cobra. A shelby plus a terminator that's more fun to drive. I'm sort of in the same situation. I have a 09 shelby and a 03 50th Anniversarry corvette. I'm thinking of selling my vette and purchasing a terminator. I had a chance to purchase a 10th anniversarry cobra with 10k miles for 21000. I waited to long and when I went back to the dealer the cobra was gone. Don't wait too long on the cobra, when you find a good deal go for it you won't regret it.

I think alot of us GT500 owners own (or did own) 03-04 Cobras. I have had 7 of them, and still own 3 along with several Shelby's and other Mustangs. They are great cars, lots of fun, handle well, and are comfortable with 25+MPG on the road. I have a black 03 convertible with 16K miles that I will sell for $18K. PM me if interested. I still love the Terminators.

Alex

I really can't explain why, I'm a mustang nut, that just about covers it. I was all set to buy a c350 benz to cruise up and down the highway, but I always have more fun in the stangs. I know the interiors are a little suspect, but the cars are just so much damn fun to drive, I can deal with that. I have a love hate thing with German cars, I love the handling, but have never had great service histories, I guess I just bleed ford blue when it's all said and done.

Any chance you can hold out for a 2011 with the much "rumored" 5.0 400 HP engine? Drive the GT500 til it comes out. If not then go for Term.

I just bought an old beater for daily driver. '93 T-bird w/V6. Gets me to work and back. All for less than $1000, cold A/C to boot!!! Bought it from a friend, so I know it's history. I sure look forward to getting home from work to jump in the GT500 everyday!!

You would probably be happier with the Term. Good luck in your choice....

How about this one?

DSC_1096.jpg

He's a good friend of mine, and I was thinking of getting it as a drag car (with a supercharger and some tires) but mostly I want his plate. :)

Boy does that bring back some memories, except mine was Rio Red with tan interior.

I have an 03 10th anniversary also with 8500 miles on it and an 09 GT 500, there different cars but fun to drive.

I would'nt buy anything else but mustangs for fun to drive cars. But thats me, I've been hooked on these cars

since I bought a new 1970 Mach 1. Traded my 01 new edge cobra on the GT500 and don't reget it. It was a

pleasure to drive and loved it dearly, but also was a different drive.

Archived