TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Fascia Question

SPRSNK

Will the Mustang GT front end fit on the Terlingua? I have no comparison since my other cars are GT500's. I'm thinking the answer is yes just from observations, but I'm hoping someone from SAI can chime in on this.

Reason for the question: Parts availability and price. I'm fairly sure I'll smash my Terlingua at some point in a race and the GT fascia is quite a bit cheaper than the Terlingua one.

So you are asking if a GT front fascia will fit a Supercharged V6 Mustang?

Yes, it will. With some to little modifications.

The only thing that won't fit is the V6 grill. You will now need to buy a GT grille as a replacement. I assume that the Terlingua Grille is a GT replacement, but if you don't want to use it I suggest that you buy a new one.

You might want to save your Front fascia clips because you will need to reuse them.

Be careful on the track and drive defensively.

Go to newtakeoff.com. They sell new mustang take off parts at really good prices. Mustang GT front bumper covers for $199.99, available in most factory colors. They have GT grills complete with fog lights $199.99, GT rear bumper covers and lots of other take off parts.

I was talking to Glenn Martini about an even lighter Terlingua. He said the Terlingua front end and hood weigh about 50lbs more than a stock one. Another 50lbs off the very front of the car sounded REAL good to me.

Rick, your battery still up front?

I was talking to Glenn Martini about an even lighter Terlingua. He said the Terlingua front end and hood weigh about 50lbs more than a stock one. Another 50lbs off the very front of the car sounded REAL good to me.

Nope.

I can't imagine the Terlingua hood is heavier then a stock one. The Terlingua does not have the blanket and the front end of the Terlingua is not really different from a CS8 or stock one.

I can't imagine the Terlingua hood is heavier then a stock one. The Terlingua does not have the blanket and the front end of the Terlingua is not really different from a CS8 or stock one.

Patrick,

They are heavier! I don't have weights, but I have picked up each piece seperately and the weight difference is SIGNIFICANT. That is why I wasn't too disappointed that our base model was built on the prototype package with the pony package front fascia..........

The stock hood is aluminum, the Terlingua hood is double walled fiberglass.

SPRSNK, I have thought about actually putting the California Special fascia on ours just for looks and storing the original. Hmmmmm, :headscratch: dunno, maybe someday.........

• 4 weeks later...

The CS6 front fascia uses a V6 grille (this includes the Terlingua). So, if you change to the GT fascia, you will need the GT grille, and bumper brackets (from what I'm told). You can contact KC at clevparts@aol.com for a conversion list.

The Terlingua and factory bumpers should be urethane, so I can't imagine a large weight difference. However, the hoods will weight differently.

The CS6 front fascia uses a V6 grille (this includes the Terlingua). So, if you change to the GT fascia, you will need the GT grille, and bumper brackets (from what I'm told). You can contact KC at clevparts@aol.com for a conversion list.

Our Terlingua has the "Pony" V6 fascia and grille, not the CS6.............It might end up being the only one like it (excl'g the prototype). For that reason only, I'm inclined to leave it alone. But it would look good with the GT/CS frontend.

The Terlingua and factory bumpers should be urethane, so I can't imagine a large weight difference. However, the hoods will weight differently.

Trust me, it's at LEAST 25 lbs heavier!

I didn't have a scale handy, but I've picked up my share of 25/35/45 lb plates................

First off, two different front ends were sold on the Terlingua models- depending on the street or race version which were originally sold (on some early models and one white one to date from Quantum Performance). My main point is that the Terlingua fascia (which IS a CS6 fascia also) uses a V6 / pony grille.

I have no way of verifying the weight of a Terlingua bumper- 25 lbs is more than I think it SHOULD be. :headscratch:

BEST OF LUCK with the swap- if you decide to do it. Let me know if you want to sell the Terlingua fascia.

First off, two different front ends were sold on the Terlingua models- depending on the street or race version which were originally sold (on some early models and one white one to date from Quantum Performance)......

Mine IS the white one from Quantum.

The only other one (to my knowledge) is the orange prototype. And it's been modified for continuing product developement. I think it is now supercharged :headscratch:

That's it. There will be no more like them.............

First off, two different front ends were sold on the Terlingua models- depending on the street or race version which were originally sold (on some early models and one white one to date from Quantum Performance). My main point is that the Terlingua fascia (which IS a CS6 fascia also) uses a V6 / pony grille.

I have no way of verifying the weight of a Terlingua bumper- 25 lbs is more than I think it SHOULD be. :headscratch:

BEST OF LUCK with the swap- if you decide to do it. Let me know if you want to sell the Terlingua fascia.

I wouldn't sell anything off the Terlingua...except maybe the crappy cloth seats I have. I'm probably going to do something stupid and race door slammers with the Terlingua as it is now and destroy the front fascia.

Archived