TEAM SHELBY FORUM

68 Slotted wheel color code?

Just finishing up on the resto of my 68 Fastback. Its all original, 302 4v w/3spd, ps, pb, front disc. I took the original slotted wheels to be blasted. I just got them back and I was wondering, is there a specific color code for the silver? Anyone know the code the factory used? I know the back side is black but I don't want to go with the wrong shade of silver on the front.

Thanks

Kevin

07SGT2591

PS I will post pics when completed.

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't have pics of the wheels. They are the 68-69 styled steel slotted wheels with the standard or the GT center caps. Not the Magnum style wheels.

Thanks for the color name. I have been told the silver is Argent silver and the black is

called Magnum black. You just confirmed that for me.

Thanks for your help. Pics coming soon!

Kevin

07SGT2591

No I don't have pics of the wheels. They are the 68-69 styled steel slotted wheels with the standard or the GT center caps. Not the Magnum style wheels.

Thanks for the color name. I have been told the silver is Argent silver and the black is

called Magnum black. You just confirmed that for me.

Thanks for your help. Pics coming soon!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Correct. The color is argent. Last I checked it was still available from Ford in the rattle can but I'm sure it would be less expensive someplace else.

Archived