TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back from Tasca Ford

Just got back from Tasca Ford this morning. Had Tasca Ford install the 475 hp whipple HO.on my 07 Shelby GT auto. Dennis did tell me that my Shelby GT auto is the first one to be done with the 475 hp ho. He was thinking we would dyno between 380 to 390 hp at the rear wheels, boy was he wrong, dyno 442.1hp :drool: . Thanks Dennis! I did enjoy working with you and the other mechanices at Tasca Ford.

Sounds like a 500 if you account for 15percent loss not a 475, who knows each car is different. 508 at the crank equals your rwhp number. Tasca said all these kits were under rated by a bit. They have seen 575 or so at the crank on the 550 2008 kit (actually rwhp around 481-487). I will let you all know my numbers next Saturday with the new clutch and CAI addition.

Which kit is the 475HP? I was only aware of the 400/500/550?
Just released, this is the first one done by Tasca Ford. Dennis was working with whipple when I called about a 550hp kit and he told me about the 9 lb pulley that whipple was comming out with. The 550 kit comes with a 11 lb pulley. Dennis said my Shelby GT will be the first one to get the 475 HO whipple.

Very nice, I can not wait to get mine back. Mine has been there for a week now, should be done Tuesday.
I believe Dennis told me yours should be done today. When I got there on wednesday afternoon, dennis had a KR 500 on the dyno that pulled 712 HP at the rear wheels. Boy was that cool sounding.

welcome to the whipple brotherhood

I was just about to type "Why does it have to be a Whipple thing?". But then I thought my post would have been just as divisive as yours. It therefor cannot be "Welcome to the SGT/SC brotherhood" as that would be the same. There's too much division going on around us right now. Team Shelby should be as one.

So I'll say, "sgt2342, congratulations on your new found excitement in your Shelby!"

I hope you have fun with it - but please be safe. Excess torque steer followed be sudden grip can lead to less than desirable results.

Guest hfrosso
Just got back from Tasca Ford this morning. Had Tasca Ford install the 475 hp whipple HO.on my 07 Shelby GT auto. Dennis did tell me that my Shelby GT auto is the first one to be done with the 475 hp ho. He was thinking we would dyno between 380 to 390 hp at the rear wheels, boy was he wrong, dyno 442.1hp :drool: . Thanks Dennis! I did enjoy working with you and the other mechanices at Tasca Ford.

congratulations on the SC, the black whipple goes really well with a black car.

I got back from tasca yesterday morning (we stayed at a hotel friday night and left saturday morning)

It was nice to meet you there.I took a picture of your car also, will post leater.

I was just about to type "Why does it have to be a Whipple thing?". But then I thought my post would have been just as divisive as yours. It therefor cannot be "Welcome to the SGT/SC brotherhood" as that would be the same. There's too much division going on around us right now. Team Shelby should be as one.

So I'll say, "sgt2342, congratulations on your new found excitement in your Shelby!"

I hope you have fun with it - but please be safe. Excess torque steer followed be sudden grip can lead to less than desirable results.

Supercharging is not new to me, I have a Ford F150 lightning that I used to tow the Shelby from Harrisburg, Pa. to Tasca Ford RI. Dennis at Tasca Ford wanted to work on the lightning to show me how a lightning could run, but I was out of money. (that is all the money my wife would give me) :finger: . Tom

congratulations on the SC, the black whipple goes really well with a black car.

I got back from tasca yesterday morning (we stayed at a hotel friday night and left saturday morning)

It was nice to meet you there.I took a picture of your car also, will post leater.

Thanks good buddy for taking the pictures. After buying the black Shelby I showed my wife a picture of the blue 08 Shelby comming out, she was not happy. Her favoite color is blue. She keeps telling me I should had waited. :cry: I didn't know and I like the black.

What were your numbers done under SAE, Uncorrected or STD? Very curious as I had my 550 kit done tonight and my numbers are very low for SAE. It has been pointed out to me that on the Whipple Web site they used STD for their CF not SAE, I checked it and they indeed used STD for the 550 kit that produced 575hp (489RWHP).

Anyone else that has numbers did you use SAE, STD or uncorrected?

What were your numbers done under SAE, Uncorrected or STD? Very curious as I had my 550 kit done tonight and my numbers are very low for SAE. It has been pointed out to me that on the Whipple Web site they used STD for their CF not SAE, I checked it and they indeed used STD for the 550 kit that produced 575hp (489RWHP).

I'll have to check with Dennis, my dyno sheet doesn't say. Tom

Did talk to Dennis, my dyno sheet numbers was SAE 442.1 hp. Tom.

Archived