TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Easter is Coming - Important

Good Evening~ In preparing our hearts for Easter, I'm fowarding a youtube video that has been remixed with the message from Dr. S.M. Lockridge a calvary baptist minister. You might of heard of it before it is titled "My King Is..." It is his glorious attempt in describing our indescribable God. The video below is the edited version which is 3 and 1/2 minutes. Great for everyone.

My King Is....

Good Evening~ In preparing our hearts for Easter, I'm fowarding a youtube video that has been remixed with the message from Dr. S.M. Lockridge a calvary baptist minister. You might of heard of it before it is titled "My King Is..." It is his glorious attempt in describing our indescribable God. The video below is the edited version which is 3 and 1/2 minutes. Great for everyone.

My King Is....

AMEN I never seen it but it is awsome!!!! Thank You

• 3 weeks later...

Today is Good Friday. The Day Jesus Christ died.

The last 3 years I have gone to a special Friday service at our Church where the story is told and candles are used. As the story is told the candles are lit, and as the story progresses and people turn against Jesus....the candles are put out. The last candle lit is for Jesus.

When Jesus says his last words....and dies on the cross, the last candle is put out. The entire Church is black dark and silent.

It's a very powerfull way to tell the story. We call it the "Service of darkness".

...The morning is coming.

No flames intended...just don't understand how celebrating a pagan festival that isn't even in the Bible is glorifying the One you are zealous to follow. How do these fertility rights belong in Christianity? I mean doesn't the rabbit and eggs make it obvious?

No flames intended...just don't understand how celebrating a pagan festival that isn't even in the Bible is glorifying the One you are zealous to follow. How do these fertility rights belong in Christianity? I mean doesn't the rabbit and eggs make it obvious?

I don't know what's so hard to understand. I don't know why you would even bring up such a bogus argument. Clearly we are celebrating the undisputed reality of Jesus resurrection which has been documented in secular history as well as religious history. I'm not going to go down your rabbit trail only to hit a dead end.

Don't you find this curious?

Two thousand years ago, in the Middle East, an event occurred that permanently changed the world. Because of that event, history was split. Every time you write a date, you're using the resurrection of Jesus Christ as the focal point.

I don't know what's so hard to understand. I don't know why you would even bring up such a bogus argument. Clearly we are celebrating the undisputed reality of Jesus resurrection which has been documented in secular history as well as religious history. I'm not going to go down your rabbit trail only to hit a dead end.

I understand the tradition of celebrating the resurrection of Jesus and I'm not arguing against it.

I would like to know an intellectually honest response to my bogus argument. What is bogus about Easter (Ishtar) not being compatible with the Bible? It could further be argued that there is no place in the Bible where this tradition is mentioned or condoned...so it would mean that it was a tradition added later by a man, which could be good or bad. Using Paul as an example, he lived many years after and no where in any of his writings do we find him celebrating this tradition. Why? History shows that the fertility cults were alive and well in the Roman Empire and were around long before Jesus arose (or lived). So it would seem that somewhere along the line someone mixed the two together.

"It seemed to every one a most unworthy thing that we should follow the custom of the Jews in the celebration of this most holy solemnity, who polluted wretches! having stained their hands with a nefarious crime, are justly blinded in their minds. It is fit, therefore, that, rejecting the practice of this people, we should perpetuate to all future ages the celebration of this rite, in a more legitimate order, which we have kept from the first day of our Lord's passion even to the present times. Let us have nothing in common with the most hostile rabble of the Jews. We have received another method from the Saviour” (Isaac Boyle, Historical View of the Council of Nice with a Translation of Documents, J.B. Lippincott & Co., Philadelphia, 1879, p. 52).

This famous council was at the beginning of "Christianity" (Roman Catholicism) and specifically put Easter at odds with the Biblical Passover.

The Brittannica Encyclopedia (1934) states:

Easter, Ostara, Eastre, was the goddess of Spring in the religion of the ancient Angeles and Saxons. Every April a festival was celebrated in her honor. With the beginnings of Christianity, the old gods were put aside. From then on the festival was celebrated in honor of the resurrection of Christ, but was still known as Easter after the old goddess.
Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and burn their Asherah [ishtar] poles in the fire; cut down the idols of their gods and wipe out their names form those places. You must not worship YHVH your God in their way. Deut 12

The God of the Bible does appear to be quite explicit in how He wants to be worshipped and it would seem that what is done today isn't acceptable...no mixing allowed.

I did however, put calipers from a Camaro on the 89, but in all fairness they do say PBR on them :) Somethings can be mixed, but others shouldn't.

Yes, the resurrection is a big deal, but if today's Christians are really Xerox copies of Jesus, then I think the copier got broke, because what I see and hear doesn't match with what I've read. Perhaps it shouldn't be WWJD, but What DID Jesus do.

Again, I commend you all for your zealousness - this is no way a personal attack on any individual.

And Grabber...just so ya know...there is no dead end to Eternity...and it has already started. :) As I'm sure you've heard or read "iron sharpens iron"...

Just as I do my cars...I just ask for intellectual honesty (that's how I got the Camaro calipers)...prove it to me. :)

Saleen 89-215

Archived