TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Black Box from Turtle Wax

Nice ride Ruff. I too love Zaino and have had outstanding results but, it takes sooo long to dry. I even tried to heat my garage to 100 degrees so, I could get the humidity below 40% and it still took an hour to dry. I thought I'd give this stuff a try..although they say the process takes 2 to 3 hours..LOL Oh well, like Showcar has said, black is not a color..it's a part time job

I've used Zaino for 2 1/2 years. I'd only try something else if I wasn't getting the results I've been getting.

This stuff may be good. But my Zaino ain't broke - so I don't need to fix it! :lurk:

Bryan Zaino is only polish though, isn't it? Does it protect the paint?

I picked up a kit today but, will not be able to try it out for a few weeks. Has anyone tried it yet? I normally use Zaino but thought I would give it a try.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,28

What does the bottle say about use on vinyl or plastic? I just bought a bottle of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and while I read the box carefully the bottle itself said not to use on plastic or vinyl. I'll bet 1/3 of our cars are covered with vinyl stripes or plastic parts.

Bryan Zaino is only polish though, isn't it? Does it protect the paint?

We have clearcoat finishes. So all we're doing is polishing the clearcoat!

WM - you may be putting the polish on too thick. Zaino only needs a very light coating - then several more coats. When I do my car, the polish dries in about 15 minutes! :happy feet:

WM - you may be putting the polish on too thick. Zaino only needs a very light coating - then several more coats. When I do my car, the polish dries in about 15 minutes! :happy feet:

Danase Wet Glaze

Zaino Z2Pro

Pinnacle Souv Wx

the best for black

What does the bottle say about use on vinyl or plastic? I just bought a bottle of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and while I read the box carefully the bottle itself said not to use on plastic or vinyl. I'll bet 1/3 of our cars are covered with vinyl stripes or plastic parts.

I've been using NXT on my Shelby from day one stripes included almost 3 years ago

with no probs at all...Matter of fact my stripes shine like the painted surface. :shrug:

Yes but the clearcoat is in fact a clear paint and has to be protected.

I've been using NXT on my Shelby from day one stripes included almost 3 years ago

with no probs at all...Matter of fact my stripes shine like the painted surface. :shrug:

That is good to hear. What about the black plastic trim like the front spoiler, mirrors, or trim around the upper door jamb? Is it stain the plastic?

That is good to hear. What about the black plastic trim like the front spoiler, mirrors, or trim around the upper door jamb? Is it stain the plastic?

No can't touch that stuff it will stain...I just spray ArmorAll on a rag and wipe

the rough black plastics...I also use Back to Black by Turtle wax but I don't

see it at the stores anymore. But the ArmorAll will do just fine.

By the way Ing the NXT is a synthetic and it will last longer and protect longer than

a carnuba or any other non-synthetic. I also find than using a synthetic...you don't

get as much dust clinging to the paint. A carnuba will tend to melt on hot sunny days

especially in the southern states and as far as shine goes I've tried everything out there

it shines as good as anything out there....if not better.

No can't touch that stuff it will stain...I just spray ArmorAll on a rag and wipe

the rough black plastics...I also use Back to Black by Turtle wax but I don't

see it at the stores anymore. But the ArmorAll will do just fine.

By the way Ing the NXT is a synthetic and it will last longer and protect longer than

a carnuba or any other non-synthetic. I also find than using a synthetic...you don't

get as much dust clinging to the paint. A carnuba will tend to melt on hot sunny days

especially in the southern states and as far as shine goes I've tried everything out there

it shines as good as anything out there....if not better.

Thank you.

Yes but the clearcoat is in fact a clear paint and has to be protected.

I agree. Zaino makes a car shine the best I've ever seen, but we need to protect the paint once it's nice and shiny. I have Alloy so it's almost as bad as black and i'm more than happy with the MaGuires NXT.

I use the Zaino also, and then put the Maguires NXT over it. This year one of my dealer friends gave me a bottle of XZILON and said I should use it. Basically he said it seals the paint from any acid rain, bird crap, tar and the like. It goes over everything including the glass.

I've been using Ice on my Barrett Jackson SGT since I got it. I use the paste polish. Today I decided to try the liquid Ice Polish on the Cobra (after a 2 hour session with a clay bar). Tomorrow I'm going to get some more of the paste polish for a second coat.

Edit update after a small second thought.

I use the Maguiars clay bar kit. After a good wax (polish) job, either Maguiars or Ice spray detailer will clean it up. THe Maguirars claybar kit comes with their own but today I used the Ice detailer with the Maguiars clay bar and it worked fine.

[sidebar. When I clean/wax I always find a break point. Usually a quarter panel or other transition. After I was about 1/4 of the way done it occurred to me a Cobra has no flat surfaces. Of course I knew that but it didn't sink in until I had to finish clay barring since once you start there is no time for a Diet Coke until you're done. Fortunately it's about 1/2 the surface area of the SGT.

Well, I just used the Black Box Kit and must say I am impressed!!! It is at least as good, if not better than Zaino. I say spend the 20 bucks and give it a try. A couple of tips though..wear OLD clothes and rubber gloves.

I always wear old clothes according to my kids but why the gloves?

I always wear old clothes according to my kids but why the gloves?

The cleaner wax, carnuba wax, and the spray are black in color, it will stain or dye your hands. I was careful and did not get any on the stripes so, beware. I will use Zaino on the stripes, or Ice would work also...I really shouldn't make it sound that un-user freindly. The tuth is , the spray DID get on the stripes but, it wiped right off. I would take some pics but, it's raining outside and you could not see the ture reflection.

One other problem...will the wife let me wash, the now black, mico fiber towels in her new washer?....LOL

One other problem...will the wife let me wash, the now black, mico fiber towels in her new washer?....LOL

Take them to your local laundromat. Just make sure the owners not around.

Archived