TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Splitter Install

Guest hfrosso
By the way the Carbon Fiber rear lower bumper cover is available, also there will be a carbon fiber rocker mod soon as well

it's on the SPP catalog?? or it's trough raceskin??

I believe all of the CF will take away from the car's clean looks...too much of that stuff can make a car look too.....rice.jpg

Not on a black SGT.

I believe all of the CF will take away from the car's clean looks...too much of that stuff can make a car look too.....rice.jpg

I'm no big on CF and think it will go down in automotive history as an expensive fad when people load it up I don't like this look, but that's me! Obviously others feel different!

I'm no big on CF and think it will go down in automotive history as an expensive fad when people load it up I don't like this look, but that's me! Obviously others feel different!

Hey gramps, a fad usually doesn't last a decade or more. It's been around for awhile and I don't see it going anywhere.

Open the hood of damn near every GT500 and you'll see lots of CF from the filter to the throttle. It's lightweight and looks beautiful when used in moderation.

Ken

EDIT: Had Ford or SAI painted all of the crap plastic on this car, I probably wouldn't feel the need to wrap it up in CF. ;)

Hey gramps, a fad usually doesn't last a decade or more. It's been around for awhile and I don't see it going anywhere.

Open the hood of damn near every GT500 and you'll see lots of CF from the filter to the throttle. It's lightweight and looks beautiful when used in moderation.

Ken

EDIT: Had Ford or SAI painted all of the crap plastic on this car, I probably wouldn't feel the need to wrap it up in CF. ;)

I've just personally never liked the way it looks any more than any of the other stick on overlays people put on their cars. Maybe I've seen too many not use it in moderation but in my experience, over many many car shows, is that once people that start down the CF road they keep going where the only limitation to their addiction is money. But hey, I guess it looks neater and you'll sure save money on Armor-All! :happy feet:

Hey as long as you like it who cares what I think!!

Off to get my dentures reset!

I've just personally never liked the way it looks any more than any of the other stick on overlays people put on their cars. Maybe I've seen too many not use it in moderation but in my experience, over many many car shows, is that once people that start down the CF road they keep going where the only limitation to their addiction is money. But hey, I guess it looks neater and you'll sure save money on Armor-All! :happy feet:

Hey as long as you like it who cares what I think!!

Off to get my dentures reset!

:hysterical:

Ya man I know what you're saying. I'm just having fun with you. I decided against the CF mirror covers and rear diffuser cover already, in order to avoid the overkill factor.

Many have noticed the front splitter cover and have all had great things to say. I'm planning on getting the mirrors and rear plastic painted VB to match. I think that'll give me a custom look, but keep it clean too.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to watching Dallas reruns on VHS. ;)

Ken

Ken

I have to agree, due to its light weight, excellent looks, and strength I do not see it going away, I only see it getting used even more. Look at the New M3, the Roof is Carbon Fiber.

And also it has been well over a decade, I remember when everyone started getting Carbon Fiber exhaust on their Bikes around 15 years ago or so.

Archived