TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Splitter Install

I received my new carbon fiber splitter from Shelby this afternoon. It comes with some double sided tape to mount it with, but I added some 3M spray glue to both surfaces. It doesn't fit as tightly as I would like it to, but it feels good enough for now. I think it looks great. Here are some pics I took.

Ken

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04124.jpg

DSC04126.jpg

DSC04129.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

Guest hfrosso

That look's verry nice!!!

It slides right under the lower grill??

I'm getting one , just thinking how good the 3M tape will hold on to??

I ordered that and the brake duct benzels/fog lights at their booth at the Shelby 427 race, I hope my order comes pretty quick, I wanna get cracking on this.

Why is adding a part like this seen as worthwhile and attractive (I agree it is, and looks great) but when my KR came with CF, it's called by some members useless "bling"?

All Shelby's are "bling" so anything you put on them is just extra "bling". Goes hand in hand!

Very nice!

Makes it look like the car came with it.

So how long did the install take?

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! :happy feet: I'm glad you guys like it as much as I do.

As for install time, it seriously only takes under 10 minutes. The most time is spent holding and pressing and pushing the CF piece down, so it'll attach.

I DEFINITELY recommend using either some extra tape or some spray glue, like I did.

Looks great....Watch out for the curb demons!

LOL no joke. I already need to get some touch up paint done to the bottom of my bumper cover.

That look's verry nice!!!

It slides right under the lower grill??

I'm getting one , just thinking how good the 3M tape will hold on to??

The 3M tape is not quite enough, IMHO. Again, I'd seriously consider adding your own extra adhesive.

that actually looks great, definately deserves some serious consideration.

thanks for posting.

Your car continues to more fantastic all the time.

Thanks man.. I appreciate that tons :)

Why is adding a part like this seen as worthwhile and attractive (I agree it is, and looks great) but when my KR came with CF, it's called by some members useless "bling"?

I have no idea why anyone would say that. Most of what appeals to me about my own car could be considered 'useless' by lots of folks, I guess. I think the CF pieces on the KR and on the 40th packages are awesome! After seeing a pair of 40th's at our first Nor-Cal cruise, I knew for sure that I wanted this splitter.

I like it, with matching mirror covers it would be great, Iam not sure if they make them, but I thought I have seen them somewhere, rick

Yes sir, you're right. They do make the mirror covers too. I'm definitely going to order a pair up. Between those, this splitter, my JLT rad cover (which I have yet to install), and the Steeda intake tube, 1/2 of my car will be CF in no time! :hysterical:

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered my splitter yesterday, should be here next Tuesday.

Here you go. JLT makes the mirror covers for $129. Not bad. I need to get them also. I've got a birthday coming up I wonder if my lovely wife is looking for something to buy me.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.ph...products_id=123

Hey man did you get your splitter yet?

How about the mirror covers? I actually purchased the covers from SPP a few months back, but sent them back, because they seemed way too cheesy for $200.

I'm curious if the JLT covers are any better. For $120, I guess it doesn't matter, since it'll tie the mirrors into the splitter very well.

Anyway, just checking in to see if you have any pics of how it looks on the white SGT.

Ken

Ummm. . . . Maybe I'm blind or simply missed this - but where exactly did you find this splitter? Did you call SPP and order it?

Is it available directly from Raceskinz.com? I wonder if they have one to cover the rear bumper facia black textured section?

It looks great on the car! And I agree - the CF mirror covers would compliment this splitter very nicely!!

Trevor

Ummm. . . . Maybe I'm blind or simply missed this - but where exactly did you find this splitter? Did you call SPP and order it?

Is it available directly from Raceskinz.com? I wonder if they have one to cover the rear bumper facia black textured section?

It looks great on the car! And I agree - the CF mirror covers would compliment this splitter very nicely!!

Trevor

I ordered this from Shelby. Dig through the SPP site and you'll find it. Raceskinz may offer it as well, I'm not sure.

Good luck!

Ken

Trevor

+1 Where did you get this and do they have one for the rear? I like it.........

+1 Where did you get this and do they have one for the rear? I like it.........

Nothing for the rear yet. I hope they do come out with one too though. I love the look.

SPP sells it. The part number was posted above by 'wicked'.

Ken

looks great man. i guess you like CF. i can't remember where it was but i've seen online CF console that runs where the shifter. can't remember if replaces or cover the stock but i'm pretty sure it's a replace. i'll PM you the link if i can find the link again.

Guest hfrosso
looks great man. i guess you like CF. i can't remember where it was but i've seen online CF console that runs where the shifter. can't remember if replaces or cover the stock but i'm pretty sure it's a replace. i'll PM you the link if i can find the link again.

Go to www.stangmods.com , they have all the parts for the dash in carbon fiber,including the console, and they also have something for the rear in CF that looks almost like the one in the car , also some nice CF mirrors ,plenun and fuel rail covers .$$$$$$$$$$$

Hey man did you get your splitter yet?

How about the mirror covers? I actually purchased the covers from SPP a few months back, but sent them back, because they seemed way too cheesy for $200.

I'm curious if the JLT covers are any better. For $120, I guess it doesn't matter, since it'll tie the mirrors into the splitter very well.

Anyway, just checking in to see if you have any pics of how it looks on the white SGT.

Ken

I did receive the splitter cover and it is pretty nice. Kinda expensive, but that's the nature of carbon fiber. I haven't bought the mirror covers yet. That's somewhere on the list, you know the list that keeps growing every time I get on this dang site. Anyway. I need to take some nice shots of the cover but haven't yet.

One thing to do when you install it is to take off the side grilles. I don't know what they are called but they are above the splitter and the 2 of them are on the sides of the inlet of the bottom grille. There are no instructions and I tried to slip it on without them off. It didn't fit and I was like that's not good for $300. Once you take them off it slides right into place and actually fits pretty nice. Then you just push the grille pieces back in place and walla your done.

Don

I did receive the splitter cover and it is pretty nice. Kinda expensive, but that's the nature of carbon fiber. I haven't bought the mirror covers yet. That's somewhere on the list, you know the list that keeps growing every time I get on this dang site. Anyway. I need to take some nice shots of the cover but haven't yet.

One thing to do when you install it is to take off the side grilles. I don't know what they are called but they are above the splitter and the 2 of them are on the sides of the inlet of the bottom grille. There are no instructions and I tried to slip it on without them off. It didn't fit and I was like that's not good for $300. Once you take them off it slides right into place and actually fits pretty nice. Then you just push the grille pieces back in place and walla your done.

Don

Good call on the faux grill pieces. I have the brake cooling bezels, so I didn't think of mentioning that.

I probably could have gotten a snugger fit had I pulled the bezels out, but having just installed them, I wasn't about to screw with those again right away! ;)

Ken

Don

Snap some Pic's when you get a chance, I would love to see what they look like on White. Did you just use the Double Sided tape it came with or did you add adhesive?

Thanks,

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Archived