TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHAT have I done now?

thewheelman

My 07 GT 500 has just acquired a peculiar habit....just this week. With the doors unlocked (mostly in my own garage) I open the door and get the alarm....horn honking-lights flashing. Again, this is with the top up and the doors unlocked. Of course, when I hit the unlock or panic button, it quits, but it's very frustrating! I use the remote to lock/unlock the doors and trunk but after the car's been sitting a while--10-15 minutes--I go to get in it and it goes nuts on me! What setting have I tripped and how do I get it back to normal. Again, this just started this week.....

Help!

Had that happen a few random times last fall. Took it in, but the dealer only said "We can't replicate the problem" and sent me home. It went away as mysteriously as it began and has not happened for months. Of course my problem did go away after my TVS was installed; so perhaps it is your car's way of protesting its current power level and it is begging for additional modification ^_^

perhaps it is your car's way of protesting its current power level and it is begging for additional modification ^_^

Ah Ha! Maybe that is the problem.....lol....I'll try that one out on the wife (financial manager) and see if it flies!

But with regard to the rest of your message, yes, it seems to come and go. The weather has been grand this week, so I got it out Monday to wash it up good and getting in it to go home--unlocked--it went off on me. I didn't know what to think, but went on the rest of the day locking/unlocking as I got in and out of it, no problems. Parked it until last night when we started loading to go to Bristol this weekend and everytime we shut the doors and walked a way for a few minutes....when we opened the doors, off she goes again! This morning......nothing!

Curious!

Did you use the inside door handle to open the door if thats the case thats why the alarm went off. If you are using the outside door handle than you have a problem. The system goes off when you use the inside door handles, because when someone breaks the door window to get in, they would use the inside handle to open the door to release the lock. So use the outside door handle and it will not go off.

Archived