TEAM SHELBY FORUM

jba lt headers vs kooks

what do you all think. i've narrowed it down to these two. what do you all think? i want to do headers first and then the hot cam or thumper cams. i love that lopey idle. will headers increase the sound quality, more muscle sound? how bout price differences?

what do you all think. i've narrowed it down to these two. what do you all think? i want to do headers first and then the hot cam or thumper cams. i love that lopey idle. will headers increase the sound quality, more muscle sound? how bout price differences?

I've only spoken to one shop about this so far and the guy there said the Kooks are the best on power gains. Whether that's true, I don't know.

Either way, you'll definitely get a much more aggressive sound with LT's.

Ken

I've only spoken to one shop about this so far and the guy there said the Kooks are the best on power gains. Whether that's true, I don't know.

Either way, you'll definitely get a much more aggressive sound with LT's.

Ken

not what i have hard but then again i went with a full system so its alittle different then just doing headers alone. we'll see when it gets dynoed in a few weeks(hopefully)

not what i have hard but then again i went with a full system so its alittle different then just doing headers alone. we'll see when it gets dynoed in a few weeks(hopefully)

If one were to purchase LT's for the SGT, you would have to purchase a 'full system', as the stock x-pipe from Shelby will not work with long tubes.

You could keep your axle backs I suppose, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a more aggressive sound.

I've decided on the Kooks long tubes and 3" x-pipe to mate up to my FRPP mufflers. I'm sure that the JBA system is great too.

Ken

If one were to purchase LT's for the SGT, you would have to purchase a 'full system', as the stock x-pipe from Shelby will not work with long tubes.

You could keep your axle backs I suppose, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a more aggressive sound.

I've decided on the Kooks long tubes and 3" x-pipe to mate up to my FRPP mufflers. I'm sure that the JBA system is great too.

Ken

yeah i went with the full system i wne tin knowing i would mak alot of power but i had little idea what it would sound lik, can't wait to see your system!

EDIT: and hear it! lol

I've got the JBA shorty's and i couldn't tell much difference in sound or power. If i had it to do over then i would go long-tube. JBA or Kooks are great quality as they should be on account they certainly aren't cheap.

+1

I'm in the exact same boat. I have the JBA shortys now also and I couldn't tell much difference either.

The LT's are expensive, but you get what you pay for (usually). :)

Ken

I'll just keep what i got on account my headers are ceremic so at least they look good. With long-tubes i would probably gain another 10 h.p. or so and that is certainly not worth it for 1500.00 to 2000.00 to redo. Live and learn,Kenny

Live and learn? Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I've learned that the shortys aren't worth the box they came in, so I'm planning on living with long tubes in the near future.

Ken

I installed SLP long tub headers in my SGT then I saw the Kooks installed on the same K member I used (BMR) and If I had it to do over again I'd buy the Kooks. Carl

+1

I'm in the exact same boat. I have the JBA shortys now also and I couldn't tell much difference either.

The LT's are expensive, but you get what you pay for (usually). :)

Ken

+1

I had narrowed down to either Kooks or ARH and went with the ARH over the Kooks for no peticular reason other than I saw a set of ARH headers being installed at my shop and was impressed with the fit and quality.

Both are pricey but you do get what you pay for.

http://www.americanracingheaders.com/homepage.htm

Archived