TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some good news

For the first time in three years, Rassmussen reports that when presentes a choice for congress, voters picked Republicans over Democrats. Although that can change overnight, it shows that most of the country are not brain dead

If the Republicans really want to improve their standing with the American people, they should pledge to not ever use earmarks. It's hard to be the party of financial responsibility when you inserted 40% of the earmarks in the last stimulus package.

"If the Republicans really want to improve their standing with the American people, they should pledge to not ever use earmarks"

I'm not sure. Who would believe them?

Our current president campaigned saying he would go thru bills line by line, no earmarks, and a 5 day public review before signing them.

That change seems rather elusive

Well I should have said "and then go out and do it" They've got 20 months until the next election to demonstrate they are different from the Democrats on this...actions speak louder than words and right now there isn't much different between Democrat and Republican actions when it comes to earmarks.

The only difference between them is who they "market" to. Other than that they are pretty much out to take care of themselves. I don't see any politicians offering to give up some of their salary because they "helped" us into this mess.

For the first time in three years, Rassmussen reports that when presentes a choice for congress, voters picked Republicans over Democrats. Although that can change overnight, it shows that most of the country are not brain dead

I heard that last night also, and it is good news. It makes me think there is hope for the USA after all. We'll see. As long as most folks like celebrities more that qualifications and experience though, we're in for a hell of a ride.

Actually I think there is a place for pork. However, not in any bill or attached to any bill. Every bill should be of single substance and should be voted up or down based on that individual bill. If someone wants to vote for pork it should be a stand alone bill. Each individual item. Then you could see who voted.

Well I should have said "and then go out and do it" They've got 20 months until the next election to demonstrate they are different from the Democrats on this...actions speak louder than words and right now there isn't much different between Democrat and Republican actions when it comes to earmarks.

You think they would get it but, Im not hopefull that the Republicans can change anymore. We do need a third part and term limits

Term limits....as it stands now the re-election campain starts the day after swearing in!

You're right! Obama's teleprompter hasn't stopped campaigning since it was elected!!

Archived