TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I sure miss my Terlingua brethren

DubbsFaris

Currently tied up in San Diego wishing I had a car and a track to spend some time at. These Cali drivers remind me of me.

Well, my car should be out of the paint shop in the next couple of days. I just couldn't live with what my car looked like after Terlingua. I will still have some piece of it however, as I got an entire new front end with lights, grilles, etc. for the new paint job. The old nose will go up on the wall, right behind my car in the garage. Here's what she looked like last week.

Paint_005.jpg

Well, my car should be out of the paint shop in the next couple of days. I just couldn't live with what my car looked like after Terlingua. I will still have some piece of it however, as I got an entire new front end with lights, grilles, etc. for the new paint job. The old nose will go up on the wall, right behind my car in the garage. Here's what she looked like last week.

Paint_005.jpg

Did you save any of the grasshoppers?

Vorpal, you are being way to quiet. As our eyes and ears in Terlingua and the "Leader of the Pack", we need an update on life in Big Bend. How's the cruzin?? :shift:

Hey Rick,

Good question - it is gorgeous here right now - low 80's, sunny, great views. Perfect cruzin weather - I am sorry to my bretheren in cold climes...

I have had Vorpl out cruzin some and had at least one group follow me up the mountains and hop out with a camera and start photographing the car! In general, the looks and heads a turnin are pretty interesting indeed - the car screams over the top going by and the long looks are a great deal of fun!

More soon,

VB

Hey Rick,

Good question - it is gorgeous here right now - low 80's, sunny, great views. Perfect cruzin weather - I am sorry to my bretheren in cold climes...

I have had Vorpl out cruzin some and had at least one group follow me up the mountains and hop out with a camera and start photographing the car! In general, the looks and heads a turnin are pretty interesting indeed - the car screams over the top going by and the long looks are a great deal of fun!

More soon,

VB

Well that post makes it a lot easier for those of us waiting for our cars to be patient!! :banghead:

That's OK, I'll have stories and pictures soon. I'm sure Glenn is gathering the parts as we speak.

Well that post makes it a lot easier for those of us waiting for our cars to be patient!! :banghead:

That's OK, I'll have stories and pictures soon. I'm sure Glenn is gathering the parts as we speak.

I am pulling for you Rick - all waiting in fact - soon and then let the stories and pictures begin.

VB

LOL

The Hyrogliphics post above sure tells the story!! I was a great time, I also brought back a few welcoming committee members

in the front of my car.

I dont have a Terlingua, but I made the event in the GT500, I unfortunately also had to repaint (the whole car) due to post tramatic

Terlingua syndrome....it was not pretty. But in rememberance of Terlingua I offer the following Link:

Terlingua Relay Race

Thanks to my Co pilot and his better half for the footage.... :happy feet:

Cheers

Phil

LOL

The Hyrogliphics post above sure tells the story!! I was a great time, I also brought back a few welcoming committee members

in the front of my car.

I dont have a Terlingua, but I made the event in the GT500, I unfortunately also had to repaint (the whole car) due to post tramatic

Terlingua syndrome....it was not pretty. But in rememberance of Terlingua I offer the following Link:

www.streetfire.net/video/Race-1-Terlingua-Relay_210967.htm

Thanks to my Co pilot and his better half for the footage.... :happy feet:

Cheers

Phil

Terlingua was the first time my buddy and I had done a relay. He drove the first leg, tossed me the keys and I ran over, jumped in and realized that I couldn't reach the pedals...........live and learn. We'll knew better the second race. :peelout:

Terlingua was the first time my buddy and I had done a relay. He drove the first leg, tossed me the keys and I ran over, jumped in and realized that I couldn't reach the pedals...........live and learn. We'll knew better the second race. :peelout:

LOL,

Never thought about the pedal issue, guess we were lucky both were ok with the seat settings, was our first Relay as well.

I put all four videos up on streetfire a few months ago, forgot about posting on TS till I saw this thread tonight,

We watched Gary from SAI throw the keys and pay the price, so we vowed to just make the hand off,

Think I sent the link to Sprint200, If he hadnt had the same issue with the keys he might have taken the title!! Still brings back a smile from a great 4 days.... (Errr except for the paint work part of the story...)

Phil

Jeff - The old nose will go up on the wall, right behind my car in the garage. Here's what she looked like last week.

Thats a great idea. I had a similar idea for my sons room. Thought about finding a rear quarter panel, door and front fender from a 68-70 fastback and attaching them to the celing in his room. That way he can look at it as he goes to sleep.

P.S. I sure am glad that he has started liking Mustangs and Shelbys. Gives me a place to have a shrine without getting divorced.

Well, my car should be out of the paint shop in the next couple of days. I just couldn't live with what my car looked like after Terlingua.

Don't feel too bad, I had the front end of my Terlingua repainted last month.

Lucifer commands me to bump the thread!

No I didn't!

+1 postcount :P

Your bad, well at least you think your bad, but your not THAT bad.

BTW, did FNL get picked up again? My son's acting coach was talking a few months ago about trying to get him in as an extra. I keep forgeting to ask him about it however.

Your bad, well at least you think your bad, but your not THAT bad.

BTW, did FNL get picked up again? My son's acting coach was talking a few months ago about trying to get him in as an extra. I keep forgeting to ask him about it however.

Rumor has it that it's been picked up for the next 2 seasons. I haven't heard anything official yet.

Archived