TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took of stock mufflers for test, Anyone know where to get SLP muffler delets

jsg1518

I just did what some on here suggested, I took the stock mufflers and started it up. well it sounded awsome. Nice and chrisp at start up then at idle it was kind of mellow not to overpowering but definatly better than stock. I couldnt resist so me and my son went for a spin. I was alittle easy on it because the mid pipe banged alittle when I went over bumps. When I got on some open road I let er rip and boy let me tell you it reminded me of my 2001 ss camaro that had headers highflow cats and an slp loudmouth. when I cruised at about 1800 no drone at all, I didnt get a chance to go on the highway and test for drone but that was good enough for me, I'm placeing my order for the slp's now if I can only find them for a good price. :drool:

I got the SLPs and like them, but does not sound the same as with nothing on there at all :(

I absolutely loved it when I had no axle backs at all. It must just be the location being right under the driver because every note the exhaust made seemed unique depending on rpm and what I was doing with the car. Echoed beutifully off of everything. I was in love.

Now with the SLPs on, I love it but I think and or hope the only difference is now all the sound is directed behind you so others get to hear its awsomeness but not yourself as much.

I really got to find someone I trust to drive mine so I can hear it :)

I got the SLPs and like them, but does not sound the same as with nothing on there at all :(

I absolutely loved it when I had no axle backs at all. It must just be the location being right under the driver because every note the exhaust made seemed unique depending on rpm and what I was doing with the car. Echoed beutifully off of everything. I was in love.

Now with the SLPs on, I love it but I think and or hope the only difference is now all the sound is directed behind you so others get to hear its awsomeness but not yourself as much.

I really got to find someone I trust to drive mine so I can hear it :)

I couldn't agree more. It's just not the same as no axel backs at all. As far as loudness it is about the same as the sound is directed behind you more.It is much quieter on the inside which is cool because I couldn't even hear the supercharger at all with no axelbacks. But SLPs did seem to change the tone a little. Maybe because it echoed off everything like you said. Seems a little higher pitched with SLP's than with no axel backs at all. SLP's still sound great just different imo..

Find somebody to drive your car and you will be surprised how loud it is outside the car vs. inside. :shift:

Archived