TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Center Cap question

Does anyone know if we use the 2.5" center cap replacement, if not what size. If you go to American muscle or blue oval industries most stuff says large or small size and we are talking a difference of 1/8-1/4 inch. I can't find measurement standards on the center caps for our stock 18" wheels. I am trying to have a custom emblem made like guys have done with the steering wheel cap. I have my graphics guy all set on the emblem but I need to buy replacement center caps that will fit which we can grind down to bare metal.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if we use the 2.5" center cap replacement, if not what size. If you go to American muscle or blue oval industries most stuff says large or small size and we are talking a difference of 1/8-1/4 inch. I can't find measurement standards on the center caps for our stock 18" wheels. I am trying to have a custom emblem made like guys have done with the steering wheel cap. I have my graphics guy all set on the emblem but I need to buy replacement center caps that will fit which we can grind down to bare metal.

Thanks in advance.

Hummm...why would you go to all the trouble when SPP sells the them just without the "SGT" that match the gas cap already?

:headscratch:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...0%20Hubcap.aspx

These match nicely and like the GT500 only the gas cap has "GT500" everything else is just the snake. You don't need "SGT" on everything do you?

Hummm...why would you go to all the trouble when SPP sells the them just without the "SGT" that match the gas cap already?

:headscratch:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...0%20Hubcap.aspx

These match nicely and like the GT500 only the gas cap has "GT500" everything else is just the snake. You don't need "SGT" on everything do you?

Because I am having them made for Shelby GT/SC to match on the entire car and Berg Cap design---which Shelby does not have nor have they even began to address the steering wheel center yet. Like I said, custom.

Forgot this was one of your pet peeves as you say. But that is why we each own our own cars--to do what we want with them. I am just looking for the correct measurement here no ones opinions.

Thanks in advance.

The factory wheels use the small size. I think they are 2 1/8" .

Because I am having them made for Shelby GT/SC to match on the entire car and Berg Cap design---which Shelby does not have nor have they even began to address the steering wheel center yet. Like I said, custom.

Forgot this was one of your pet peeves as you say. But that is why we each own our own cars--to do what we want with them. I am just looking for the correct measurement here no ones opinions.

Let's not get sensitive! Actually the snake was a pet peeve, I'm ok with it now, but yes "Shelby" stamped someplace every three inches or so of the car is another! :hysterical:

But back on topic, if you look at the SPP caps, which I have on my car, and the size of the snake, there isn't much room there. Which means your Shelby GT/SC is going to be REALLY small letters, 12pt maybe, unless you shrink the snake, which I think is already a bit small I think.

Just trying to give you an idea of maybe taking the SPP cap and creating a simple silver type overlay that could snap or glue in over the cap that's there. Might be easier, a whole lot less effort, and look better!

Let's not get sensitive! Actually the snake was a pet peeve, I'm ok with it now, but yes "Shelby" stamped someplace every three inches or so of the car is another! :hysterical:

But back on topic, if you look at the SPP caps, which I have on my car, and the size of the snake, there isn't much room there. Which means your Shelby GT/SC is going to be REALLY small letters, 12pt maybe, unless you shrink the snake, which I think is already a bit small I think.

Just trying to give you an idea of maybe taking the SPP cap and creating a simple silver type overlay that could snap or glue in over the cap that's there. Might be easier, a whole lot less effort, and look better!

Now that statement is a great idea. I may adjust fire to that.

I was not sensitive, just did not want this turning into an opinion based topic. I have the decals made already based on the current center Pony measurement and yes the letters are small.

Now that statement is a great idea. I may adjust fire to that.

I was not sensitive, just did not want this turning into an opinion based topic. I have the decals made already based on the current center Pony measurement and yes the letters are small.

Yeah, I'm thinking a clear plastic circle piece with just the Shelby GT/SC on it ,in silver, that you overlay on the existing cap. Might work!

Good luck!

Do the GT500 and Mustang GT/ SGT caps interchange? I was under the impression that they are different.

NO, they do NOT interchange...I tried that when I bought my GT500 wheels and the SGT center caps are smaller and would just fall out of the centers of the GT500 wheels...

I bought these sgt center caps for mine and at nearly 25.00 per cap is pretty rediculious. I guess because so few are made it cost a lot to make them. Actually i started to send them back because they look kind of blaah on the car compared to the pony which has some chrome on it . I guess i can swap back and forth though.

I paid the $100 for the Shelby/GT caps out of the Shelby parts catalog and I am very disappointed. I mean extremely dissapointed. I'm considering sending them back. They look cheap on the car. I could kind of live with the plastic if they were painted with quality but even the paint quality looks like a 3rd grade kids art class.

If anyone wants to buy a set of cheap looking GT center caps, I'll sell mine for $75.00 and I'll ship free.

-Billy

• 10 years later...
On 3/19/2009 at 10:49 PM, SGT3131 said:

I paid the $100 for the Shelby/GT caps out of the Shelby parts catalog and I am very disappointed. I mean extremely dissapointed. I'm considering sending them back. They look cheap on the car. I could kind of live with the plastic if they were painted with quality but even the paint quality looks like a 3rd grade kids art class.

If anyone wants to buy a set of cheap looking GT center caps, I'll sell mine for $75.00 and I'll ship free.

-Billy

Still have um?? Lol!

50 minutes ago, duns said:

Still have um?? Lol!

SIA does. Has been clearing them out in their eBay store.  This listing has ended, but keep watching their store or contact them  

...https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F193001820985

22 hours ago, duns said:

Gone..... Damn!😢

Maybe contact Robert Lane? I know he’s sold some obscure discontinued items on fleabay from time to time. I bought a super rare SGT hood keychain from him a while back. 

rlane@warnerrobert.com

Can’t hurt. :shrug: 

11 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Maybe contact Robert Lane? I know he’s sold some obscure discontinued items on fleabay from time to time. I bought a super rare SGT hood keychain from him a while back. 

rlane@warnerrobert.com

Can’t hurt. :shrug: 

I will try contacting him. Does he have an fleabay store or is he in this forum?

Thanks Bikeboy

On 8/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, duns said:

I will try contacting him. Does he have an fleabay store or is he in this forum?

Thanks Bikeboy

He created this website. Used to work for Shelby American. He sells on eBay a lot. No store that I know of. 

Hes a great guy. Reach out to him and ask at least. :) 

Archived