TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fords at Carlisle - June 5th - 7th

Z-man

Just got back (9 hours round trip) and 7 hours on the fair grounds. Met quite a few folk on here (met in person for the 1st time). Al (My08stang) was very gracious, gave me lots of food and beverages and a place to sit in the shade at the Bad pony club tent. Also hooked me up with some new brake rotors for a great price...installed at the show.

Also met Torrence, SGT1977 (eric), and Wayne and his son, Jeff Green, Rapture (both from themustangsource.com) and a nice couple on here with a White SGT, and another couple on here from NJ with a Blue convertible (bad with names).

Saw 6 08SGT convertibles, around 6x2007 white coupes, 2-3 black coupes and a couple of GT-Hs. Lots of GT500s and every type of mustang ever made, and of course lots of other Fords. Will post some pix of cars later.

Hey Mark, after all these years on Mustang Source, it was finally good (and my pleasure) to meet you in person. I sincerely apologize for not having more time to chat and see your car. My girlfriend came up in her Mustang that morning, and the previous day (Friday) her dad was in the hospital all day, so her mind was elsewhere (rightfully so), and she was totally exhausted both mentally & physically and wanted to head back to the hotel for a nap. Hopefully you enjoyed your stop at the Bad Pony Club tent and the entire Carlisle weekend itself, that you'll want to return next year. Thanks again for making the trek up. I'll be chatting with you here and on TMS. Stay well.

Jeff

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are a few quick pictures from Friday. It rained ALL day, and only the diehards were there. The whole day I only saw 3 GT500's, but there were some good points...

No crowds

I got to drive a 2010 Mustang

I saw the 2010 GT500, the SHO, and the SVT Raptor

Met some nice folks from the Bad Pony Club

On the other hand...

It rained

There was allot of mud

It rained[

list]It didn't stop raining

Anyway, We had a good time despite the weather

th_DSC_0773.jpg

URL=http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/z-man1234/Carlisle%20-%20June%205th/?action=view&current=DSC_0682.jpg]th_DSC_0682.jpg[/url]

th_DSC_0687.jpg

th_DSC_0692.jpg

th_DSC_0710.jpgth_DSC_0740.jpgth_DSC_0756.jpg

th_DSC_0772.jpg

Hey Z-Man, it was great to see you again! Glad you made the trip up to the show!! Thank you very much for taking a few shots of my car and posting them!! I really appreciate it. Hopefully the weather will be better and you'll be able to bring the GT500 next year. Glad to see you bud and I'll be talking to you.

Jeff

Robert and I will not be there, I little sad will be the first time since the All Ford opened that Robert and I will not be there.

Sharron I'm sorry I did not know you and Robert wood not be making it. I wood have been glad to set up a Team Shelby booth and sign up new members. I remember meeting you and Robert in the rain at Carlisle and signing up. It may have been Stangs Unleashed at that time. Keep up the good work.

John

Robert and I will not be there, I little sad will be the first time since the All Ford opened that Robert and I will not be there.

Sharron I'm sorry I did not know you and Robert wood not be making it. I wood have been glad to set up a Team Shelby booth and sign up new members. I remember meeting you and Robert in the rain at Carlisle and signing up. It may have been Stangs Unleashed at that time. Keep up the good work.

John

Thanks we have been so busy with Tulsa that I forgot what days it was. It looks like a good time. Sorry I missed it. :cry:

Hey Mark, after all these years on Mustang Source, it was finally good (and my pleasure) to meet you in person. I sincerely apologize for not having more time to chat and see your car. My girlfriend came up in her Mustang that morning, and the previous day (Friday) her dad was in the hospital all day, so her mind was elsewhere (rightfully so), and she was totally exhausted both mentally & physically and wanted to head back to the hotel for a nap. Hopefully you enjoyed your stop at the Bad Pony Club tent and the entire Carlisle weekend itself, that you'll want to return next year. Thanks again for making the trek up. I'll be chatting with you here and on TMS. Stay well.

Jeff

Great to finally meet you too Jeff. No worries on not having more time. I fully understand. Maybe next time.

here here ... it was nice to meet a few of yeah in between drawling over all the hot rods and cool stuff for sale! WOW what a great time and best of all I got to see my first pink unicorn in person a Whipple 2.9!! :happy feet: Thanks GT500FLYBOY!

Anyone who might go next year:

Book your hotel room as soon as you can. Much easier to cancel the room right before the show than find one.

There are not a lot of hotel rooms in the Carlisle area. It's just a transfer point from I-81 to the PA Turnpike.

Pinto pics later today. Maybe.

Anyone who might go next year:

Book your hotel room as soon as you can. Much easier to cancel the room right before the show than find one.

There are not a lot of hotel rooms in the Carlisle area. It's just a transfer point from I-81 to the PA Turnpike.

Pinto pics later today.

Im counting on you to tell me (and only me :hysterical: ) what the best place to book a room is! :lurk:

I was there,drove up thurs in the Rain,stayed thru Sunday with my dark brown 70' Mach .I was next to the Mustang 428cj registry tent just up from the Ford Racing Guys.Talked to a few nice Supersnake owners in the show field .Carlisle is the best for good friends & nice Fords!!

Chris

Archived