TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust

progolferv1

Now that the 07 will be here in a couple of weeks. I have seen numerous exhaust kits and would like to know which is the best. I was thinking about flowmaster, but everyone seems to be off of them. Then I was thinking about KOOKs, Bassani, and Corsa.

Also should I do the axel back or cat? Where is the best place to buy them? At some point, I am going to put Lt headers on it, but the might be some time. Have to let the wife calm down about buying the car first.

Now that the 07 will be here in a couple of weeks. I have seen numerous exhaust kits and would like to know which is the best. I was thinking about flowmaster, but everyone seems to be off of them. Then I was thinking about KOOKs, Bassani, and Corsa.

Also should I do the axel back or cat? Where is the best place to buy them? At some point, I am going to put Lt headers on it, but the might be some time. Have to let the wife calm down about buying the car first.

more performace with LT headers and cat back. the sound is all from the muffler, though. i have an axle back magnaflow. sounds good, but not quite loud enough for me. i'm considering SLP loudmouths or magnaflow muffler deletes...both i think will be loud, rude, and agressive.

are you from the woodlands? i live in spring and work in the woodlands. i have an 09' ebony w/white stripes. what color are you getting?

mark

more performace with LT headers and cat back. the sound is all from the muffler, though. i have an axle back magnaflow. sounds good, but not quite loud enough for me. i'm considering SLP loudmouths or magnaflow muffler deletes...both i think will be loud, rude, and agressive.

are you from the woodlands? i live in spring and work in the woodlands. i have an 09' ebony w/white stripes. what color are you getting?

mark

No I am in Frisco just north of dallas. Red and White for me. I wanted the black with white strips, but the red was just to good of a deal.

Its really all about personal preference...but there things to consider and research before spending.

Smog emissions wrt off road pipes/catless...

Corsa Cats are about the best for no drone issue. New KR's are another option. Many to choose from.

Headers..well IMO..they just dont make the gains versus the cost + PITA to install.

Then you need to consider re-tuning needs based on what your doing.

Best advice...much research...figure out what you ultimately want (exhaust, eng, suspension) and plot a course to complete before spending. Talk to the vendors...all are very knowledgeable and have many didn't packages, which in the long run could save you dollars...again..depends on what you want to achieve. Good luck.

Since the release of the GT500, people began testing the various mufflers. They discovered that the factory exhaust was pretty darn good so it sorta boiled down to the sound to your ears.

With this car you don't get the same results as with the older fox body or SN95 cars. If you go for a louder muffler now, keep your factory mufflers in storage. Several members that have installed the LT's and removed the cats found that the system became really loud and went back to using the stock mufflers with their LT's.

We have a couple of members that have installed the Flows and aside from some minor droning they like them. As you probably know Flows seem to have a distinct sound. IMO, you can install them on a truck or a Mustang and you can hear that distinct sound coming a block away.

If you read through the older 2007 posts you can find a lot of the first hand reviews of members installing the "then" new mufflers.

The KR's are an excellent choice. i just took the 5gt's off did not care for them much to much drone for me .but your muffler/exhaust is more of a personnal choice.Quite frankly though, i cant hear these that well from in the car as all i can hear is the whine of that s/c which in itself is quite nice.Good Luck there are many choices do your homework.

I have the Corsa's on my GT500. At start up, they have a bigger bark over stock, when cruising there is no drone at all, when you get on it, the Corsa is louder than stock but sounds great. There is a nice girgle when you lift off the throttle when downshifting say from 3rd to 2nd when coming to a stop.

I had Flo's on my 85 and 86 GT's, at the time I loved them, the little bit of drone did not bother me then.

Archived