TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally

progolferv1

Long story. I had a 5.0 lx in high school and sold it to helop pay for college. I made a promise to myself as soon as I got out I would buy another mustang. Well, a wife, and 2 kids later no mustang.

good news. I just bought a 07 gt500 4000 miles for 33000 will be here in a couple of weeks. I am not sure that I will be able to sleep for a couple of weeks.

Now for the mods. What do I do?

Long story. I had a 5.0 lx in high school and sold it to helop pay for college. I made a promise to myself as soon as I got out I would buy another mustang. Well, a wife, and 2 kids later no mustang.

good news. I just bought a 07 gt500 4000 miles for 33000 will be here in a couple of weeks. I am not sure that I will be able to sleep for a couple of weeks.

WOW, great deal! What to do?........ Put another 30 large into it and SUPER SNAKE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Congrats! Consider a cold air intake and tune as well as better mufflers.

Definitely mufflers, the stock ones don’t speak well for the car. I put on the KR mufflers, they are Grrrrreat sounding. And it is an easy DIY project, cost about $500.

Sounds almost just like my story. I was married and had a 93 GT. Sold it to go back to school in 96 with the same promise to myself. Took me 10 years after graduation, but, I got my Mustang. And it is more special than I ever imagined.

Congrats. What color did you get?

Definitely axle back exhaust first. Easy and inexpensive with great results. You will find a hundred different opinions on which one.

Just thought I would throw you some memories while you wait. I sold both of these to purchase my SGT vert. Good Luck.

Cobrabackyard004.jpg

Mustangdeck006.jpg

Mustangdeck015.jpg

That '93 Cobra looks cherry. I bet that was hard to part with.

Congrats on the new GT500. They are amazing cars!

My first car our of college was a 5.0LX Vert. I loved that car and put 100000 miles on it before it was hit in the side and got totaled. While I had it, my wife and I had our first child, so I couldn't justify replacing it with another Stang. Then Stang hibrination for a while, but in '02 I bought a GT Vert, but the '07's came out and I was in massive lust mode! A few years later and I couldn't help myself and got an '08 GT500 Vert.

I installed the KR exhaust about a month ago, but live in road salt country and haven't had it on the road yet, but it sounds amazing in the garage! Starts like a race car! I can't wait to get on the road, and highly recommend KR mufflers!

NOTHING

You must first determine what expectations you have for the car. Drive it and then decide what you would like to make better depending on what your intentions are. Once you have decided what you would like to change, Do nothing again until you have read and reasearched and read and re- reasearched until you have a understanding of what works for this car and what doesn't. It's all out there, many of us have tried and tested and posted and discussed and argued so take advantage of that. These threads can go back a long way. The other factor is budget. The sky is the limit if you have it. Beware of mixing combinations of suspension parts from other differint venders. It can work if done properly, but remember some times you can waste money if you didn't know enough about the parts and what they will do for the car. Congrats and Enjoy and be careful, when you get on it you better be up on the wheel and ready to drive it..

Archived