TEAM SHELBY FORUM

69-70 Shelby Grille Emblem

I just received the 69-70 Shelby Grille Emblem that I ordered from Mustangs Unlimited, and I'm going to have to get at least one more medium barrel clip to hold it on the grille...Just wondering if anyone else has used this emblem and if you had any issues attaching it to the SGT billet grille?

This is basically the older Tiffany Snake with the SHELBY lettering under it...

69_70GrilleEmblem.jpg

The posts were too short to allow me to get anything on them to hold them to the billet grille, so I used some JB Weld to apply it to the grille...

All the Pony emblems are now off of my car!

Looks good to me Carl! (I'm considering this myself, though I wish they had a version featuring the "other" snake to match the gas cap!)

One suggestion, just to add a bit of pop, might be to grab some touch-up paint and fill the area around "SHELBY" with Vista Blue instead of black. (I think someone here did that with the Shelby lettering on their Razor wheels and it really set it off!)

Sam

AKA:

Looks good, Carl. I bought a 07-09 GT-500 Tiff Cobra grill emblem but I just don't have the will to do it. Maybe some day, maybe not. I kind of like the Mustang. I do however have the FRPP Tiff Cobra on the tail emblem/faux fuel door and FRPP Tiff Cobra hub caps but left the pony on the steering wheel and the grill.

You have one Mustang still on your car. Look on your windshield. :)

Horse will aways beat a snake in a fight. :slapfight: SGT=GT350=no snakes. Does look cool though and I agree with the color match paint.

Mike

Didn't a GT350 have a snake on the gas cap?

Looks good to me Carl! (I'm considering this myself, though I wish they had a version featuring the "other" snake to match the gas cap!)

One suggestion, just to add a bit of pop, might be to grab some touch-up paint and fill the area around "SHELBY" with Vista Blue instead of black. (I think someone here did that with the Shelby lettering on their Razor wheels and it really set it off!)

Sam

AKA:

Yeah, I agree, ,I wish there was an emblem to match the gas cap, but there just isn't one out there...I considered making a larger version of my steering wheel cap and putting it on the grille, but couldn't find a suitable round emblem to make it on...Oh well, I guess this'll have to work for me...especially since I used the JB Weld on it...it ain't comin off any time soon :D I'd have to replace the entire grille now if I wanted to use something else...LOL

I may do the Vista Blue background...I'll probably have to take the grille out to make it easier to work on though...maybe later...

Looks good, Carl. I bought a 07-09 GT-500 Tiff Cobra grill emblem but I just don't have the will to do it. Maybe some day, maybe not. I kind of like the Mustang. I do however have the FRPP Tiff Cobra on the tail emblem/faux fuel door and FRPP Tiff Cobra hub caps but left the pony on the steering wheel and the grill.

You have one Mustang still on your car. Look on your windshield. :)

Yeah, those pesky dots....You know, I really wanted those on my 96 GT when I had it, but now that I have the Shelby, I really don't like them...go figure!

Yeah, I agree, ,I wish there was an emblem to match the gas cap, but there just isn't one out there...I considered making a larger version of my steering wheel cap and putting it on the grille, but couldn't find a suitable round emblem to make it on...Oh well, I guess this'll have to work for me...especially since I used the JB Weld on it...it ain't comin off any time soon :D I'd have to replace the entire grille now if I wanted to use something else...LOL

I may do the Vista Blue background...I'll probably have to take the grille out to make it easier to work on though...maybe later...

That looks great! Very tasteful mod............Philip

Archived