TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car going in for TSB evaluation

switz

I have a local Ford dealer who is taking my car today to evaluate it for the TSB. The service guy read up on the repairs and he is talking a good game. My car has some of the symptoms and the clutch chatter is not bad on level land but is pretty bad on a hill. We will see what they come up with....

I have a local Ford dealer who is taking my car today to evaluate it for the TSB. The service guy read up on the repairs and he is talking a good game. My car has some of the symptoms and the clutch chatter is not bad on level land but is pretty bad on a hill. We will see what they come up with....

Make sure you get them to order a new nylon lock nut for the output shaft on the tranny it is not listed on the TSB parts & it should be.

I just made an appointment to take my car in on Tuesday. I have all the information that has been posted. I have only 1550 miles on the 2007, of which I bought it in June of 07. I have not looked at the manual to see if it is covered by the warranty, would it be covered still?

Are you experiencing any of the symptoms? Repairs are still covered by warranty if they can confirm a problem exists.

Are you experiencing any of the symptoms? Repairs are still covered by warranty if they can confirm a problem exists.

Mine has been in the shop for two weeks. They removed everything once the parts arrived. They since learned that the case is not listed in the TSB and it has to be ordered in as well. It is on back order. There are 8 ahead of mine on the backorder list from Ford. They are hoping to get a shipment in by the 25th of March to send out to the dealers.

Just tought you should know before you take your car in.

Dr. Jon

Mine has been in the shop for two weeks. They removed everything once the parts arrived. They since learned that the case is not listed in the TSB and it has to be ordered in as well. It is on back order. There are 8 ahead of mine on the backorder list from Ford. They are hoping to get a shipment in by the 25th of March to send out to the dealers.

Just tought you should know before you take your car in.

Dr. Jon

What case are the replacing & why?

The Service Manager said that they cannot find anything wrong with it. He stated it would shift better if I would drive it more and because it was parked for the winter that's why I'm having the trouble with getting it into reverse and shifting. I know I will have to wait because I am too busy at work to discuss this issue right now. What would you do?

The Service Manager said that they cannot find anything wrong with it. He stated it would shift better if I would drive it more and because it was parked for the winter that's why I'm having the trouble with getting it into reverse and shifting. I know I will have to wait because I am too busy at work to discuss this issue right now. What would you do?

Is your low milage from stop and go or highway. If it is stop and go, it sounds like you have the problem and I would seek another dealer.

I don`t believe that for one minute. I store mine for the winter & have no problem getting it into reverse. You have a definate problem & should try a different dealer .

Make sure you get them to order a new nylon lock nut for the output shaft on the tranny it is not listed on the TSB parts & it should be.

Shelby001:

Please explain this caution about the nylon locking nut. I'm having my TSB done next week and my Servive manager is at a loss concerning the need to replace the nut unless it is damaged upon removal or is it a nut that must be replaced with a new nut, if removed? I need more explanation concerning your situation and what prompted you to submitted this caution. Thanks, 03Reptile.

Shelby001:

Please explain this caution about the nylon locking nut. I'm having my TSB done next week and my Servive manager is at a loss concerning the need to replace the nut unless it is damaged upon removal or is it a nut that must be replaced with a new nut, if removed? I need more explanation concerning your situation and what prompted you to submitted this caution. Thanks, 03Reptile.

03reptile

Sent you a pm you said imput but it is the output shaft nylon locknut part #4R3Z-7B340-AA Check your messages . Good Luck

03reptile

Sent you a pm you said imput but it is the output shaft nylon locknut part #4R3Z-7B340-AA Check your messages . Good Luck

Shelby001:

Received your PM and responded. You did say" output shaft "and I saw" input shaft"! Old age dyslexia, I guess. Anyway, for those of you reading the post, the nut does need to be replaced if you tear into the trans. and replace the input shaft provided in the TSB parts bag. The Service Manager has ordered it and the nut should arrive well befor the TSB begins. Thanks again, Shelby001, for your information. It surely saved me some down time!!

Swotz

Where you at in nor cal.

I took mine to Frontier Ford in Santa Clara Had no problem service writer took excellent care of my car Darren Jackson Is the man with the plain 1-408-241-1800 I can't say enough about how cool this guy is and they did exactly what I wanted even without me asking. Had the oil changed also

Art

Livermore Ca

Swotz

Where you at in nor cal.

I took mine to Frontier Ford in Santa Clara Had no problem service writer took excellent care of my car Darren Jackson Is the man with the plain 1-408-241-1800 I can't say enough about how cool this guy is and they did exactly what I wanted even without me asking. Had the oil changed also

Art

Livermore Ca

Hi Art,

They did the TSB? Did u have problems with the trans or clutch or both? I went to WC Ford and the tech and I went for a test drive and he said mine had no problems...but it still nags me in the back of my head. I might give your place a call and get a second opinion.

Len

Mine goes in for evaluation on Tuesday. Not bad on level ground after start-up, but gets really bad after about 30 minutes of driving. Also bad on hills.

Mine goes in for evaluation on Tuesday. Not bad on level ground after start-up, but gets really bad after about 30 minutes of driving. Also bad on hills.

Update:

The part number I gave earlier was for the bell housing. It is still on back order and next shipping date isn't until late April. My input shaft bearing melted into the bell housing. The technition didn't think the transmission really had any problems until he opened it up and found this had heated up and melted. It still drove great.

My car has been in for 4 weeks so far and the bell housing wil be at least another 4 weeks. Because I took all the information from Grabber and I knew what I was talking about, they have ordered a new transmission and it should be installed by the end of the week.

Just letting you know that you really should check the transmission and have the information when you take your car in. It really does make a difference.

Thanks again Grabber!!

Dr. Jon

TSB 08-16-4 confirmed, and parts ordered. I'll mention the nylon nut issue to the technician, and keep a eye open for updates in the meantime. Thanks for everyone's information; this is helpful.

Archived