TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question for KR owners

tglockner

Just installed the front brake cooling ducts for a customer, the ducts do not have very much room to fit properly.

My question is has any owner had an issues with the ducts rubbing on other component's ?

Thank You,

Tom

Tom,

I don't have a KR but did install the Shelby KR bezels with the Ford duct kit(exact one that comes with the KR)

You need to tie the hoses to the frame support on each side.(pretty close to the radiator)

You also need to tie hose to the sway bar or the tie rod end(the tie rod end is the better way to go. The hose will follow the wheel when you turn doing it that way.)

You also need to remove the small black splash guard in the drivers fender well.(if you don't remove the wheel will hit the hose when turning right)

Jim

Tom,

I don't have a KR but did install the Shelby KR bezels with the Ford duct kit(exact one that comes with the KR)

You need to tie the hoses to the frame support on each side.(pretty close to the radiator)

You also need to tie hose to the sway bar or the tie rod end(the tie rod end is the better way to go. The hose will follow the wheel when you turn doing it that way.)

You also need to remove the small black splash guard in the drivers fender well.(if you don't remove the wheel will hit the hose when turning right)

Jim

Jim, thank you for the info!

Tom

Very useful info as I was just in the process of installing mine. Thanks a lot.

PS: I'm looking for a way to keep the small black splash guard in the driver's fender well without interfering with the wheel when turning. I'll keep you updated if successful.

Archived