TEAM SHELBY FORUM

These high-performance Mustangs gallop like champions

Staff

In my view, the GT 500 doesn't look quite as good as the Foose. I've never cared for the cheesy stripes on the lower portion of the car's sides. And I dislike the Shelby's clumsy rear-in-the-air, dog-burying-bone stance. If BMW can get its $40,000 cars to sit perfectly atop 18-inch wheels and low-profile tires, why can't Ford?

That said, once you're inside, the GT 500 is a terrific big car – even at a paunchy 3,900 pounds. Everything is stiff or firm. The clutch, for example, will make your leg quiver in traffic, and the six-speed manual can be as notchy and challenging as a screwdriver in a bucket of wet cement.

READ MORE HERE.

In my view, the GT 500 doesn't look quite as good as the Foose. I've never cared for the cheesy stripes on the lower portion of the car's sides. And I dislike the Shelby's clumsy rear-in-the-air, dog-burying-bone stance. If BMW can get its $40,000 cars to sit perfectly atop 18-inch wheels and low-profile tires, why can't Ford?

Maybe because the BMW was designed and engineered for THAT purpose? How about we toss 18" wheels on the Mustang and Pony too.

Maybe because the BMW was designed and engineered for THAT purpose? How about we toss 18" wheels on the Mustang and Pony too.

If Saleen can take a Mustang GT and turn it into an awsome looking Parnelli Jones that sits like a Hi-Po Mustang should then why can't Ford ? The Shelby GT500 sits like like a Mack Truck.

If Saleen can take a Mustang GT and turn it into an awsome looking Parnelli Jones that sits like a Hi-Po Mustang should then why can't Ford ? The Shelby GT500 sits like like a Mack Truck.

If the GT500 does not float your boat, get a Saleen then. Everyone has a different taste. For me I can't stand the Saleen, but I will not bash it. I just will not buy it. Good luck on your search for a Saleen, I am sure you will find one.

Hmmm saleen or Shelby?? Where would you send your car??

Who's the legend and why?? There's your answer :finger:

What's with the article taking a bad left-turn segue into a poorly written advertisement for a car detailing company?

Maybe Ruf can help this guy with his literary style. Or better yet, maybe Ruf should apply to replace this guy... driving pre-production GT500's from Dearborn to Dallas, taking them out for a spin... yeah.

- Tony

Remind me to ignore anything The Dallas Morning News writes in the future.

It sound like a Foose ad (with a Griots placement thrown in for atta-boys).

Wait, where's Unique Performance? Texas!

But, if I were going to buy a non-Ford modded mustang, I think this 427 race-prepped Shelby SuperSnake is the one I'd get from Unique Performance (not the Foose <lol>). 525HP but with the bulletprook Shelby 427FE race-prepped block designed to hold 1,500HP..... "Call for prices" ;-)

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/supersnakeGT500E.aspx

Archived