TEAM SHELBY FORUM

favorite mod for under 200 bucks

i thought this would be a good thread and might give others some ideas. so lets hear what everyone thinks oh and lets just say we all love the berg cap and get that one out of the running lol. i guess mine would have to be the sequential tails.

Man, under $200 certainly restricts a guy, but if I had to choose one, I'd say the lower grill. I think the car looks incomplete without it.

Ken

Which one did you get. My Silverhorse one came in today. I like the look of the car without the grille though. It's reminiscent of the 'r' code cars of the 60's

Which one did you get. My Silverhorse one came in today. I like the look of the car without the grille though. It's reminiscent of the 'r' code cars of the 60's

I didn't know anyone else was making one actually. I just bought the chrome grill through SPP which matches the upper grill pretty much spot on.

Do you have pics of the one you got?

Ken

I only wanted it because I track my car and rubber gets on the radiator. I am going to put some finer screen on the back of the grill to help as well.

I know what you mean. I couldn't stand watching my radiator get beat up the way it was. So far, it looks like the grill I got is keeping the big stuff out anyway.

Ken

I think that the shelby berg cap is a must for any Shelby GT; 2nd choice would be the lower grille. In fact, get both for less than $200. The u/d pullies are probably a good choice also as long as one can install them himself and keep the cost around $200.

Guest hfrosso

I'll have to say the billet strut caps, i just can't stand looking at those ugly bolts sticking out.

second it will be the shorty antena , the original is so big and it's the same as the one in my truck!

and the third is my next mod , the headrest covers, they're a must!!

there's a lot you can do for under $200 ,the thing is that you'll never spend just $200 bucks!!

I think maybe we need two categories:

Car appearance mod - Berg Cap and Lower grille

Car performance mod - U/D pullies

I've already exceeded the under 200 bucks thing.

Here's mine. Already purchased and when chance I get

to go home, they will be installed.

Shelby GT faux gas cap cover

Shelby GT hub caps

Shelby Snake Headrest cover

Shelby qwtr window cover

interior qwtr window cover

Billet shorty antenna

Back order:

Shelby GT Dash cover

Shelby silver gas door assembly

Next up:

Sequentials

Shelby GT license plate frame

My list in order 1) Berg Faux Gas Cap, 2) sequentials 3) Lower grill and 4) Shortie Antenna. Still have enough to buy a deck of cards from the $200.

Lucky on a couple of the items.

DrKSGT

I would say the same............

Bill

+1

I got the black. It's not just for looks, it protects the radiator.

But consider the billet hood pin set with aluminum screws as a must or your hood will be ruined by galvanic corrosion

Berg cap

arm rest cover

head rest covers

sequentials are nice but you really can't see them to enjoy them

But my first mod was the GT500 steering wheel + leather shift boot, all in black stitching ($400)

My favorite mod is the Shelby gauge pod (>$700)

Archived