TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Licensing Grants License to Complete Shelby Cars for Unique Motorcars Former Customers

clark17357

Cool! I bet there are a lot of happy people right now.

..don't know about happy, since they have already spent money on a car they don't have...but at least they can pursue getting it built if they don't mind paying a second time....in this economy, I doubt that very many will unfortunately...

..don't know about happy, since they have already spent money on a car they don't have...but at least they can pursue getting it built if they don't mind paying a second time....in this economy, I doubt that very many will unfortunately...

I think possibly you misunderstood the story.

The two shops will build vehicles to Shelby specs for customers that paid Unique Performance for Shelby continuation cars; no new vehicles can be built and sold under this agreement.

This is for the people who already paid UP for a car they were not going to get. Why would they need to pay twice?

I think possibly you misunderstood the story.

This is for the people who already paid UP for a car they were not going to get. Why would they need to pay twice?

I am not sure that it is I who misunderstands...do a bit of research........John

edit to include quote from the article.....

Though the completion of these cars will be at the owner’s expense, Carroll Shelby Licensing will extend this license royalty free, in an attempt to ease the financial pain of Unique Performance’s failure to deliver their customer’s cars as contracted. (this means they paid for the car, in some cases approaching 100K, and will still have to pay one of the two referenced shops to complete the car, assuming that it was ever started)

in my mind, this means paying twice...ouch!!!!!! or not, if you are rich enough.....

I am not sure that it is I who misunderstands...do a bit of research........John

edit to include quote from the article.....

Though the completion of these cars will be at the owner's expense, Carroll Shelby Licensing will extend this license royalty free, in an attempt to ease the financial pain of Unique Performance's failure to deliver their customer's cars as contracted. (this means they paid for the car, in some cases approaching 100K, and will still have to pay one of the two referenced shops to complete the car, assuming that it was ever started)

in my mind, this means paying twice...ouch!!!!!! or not, if you are rich enough.....

I didn't think about the fact all monies paid upfront are now gone. I was assuming business as usual...

In that case, yep that sucks but at least some will still get an Eleanor out of the deal. Not sure I would pay twice but is it better to pay $100k and have nothing or $200k and have a car?

I didn't think about the fact all monies paid upfront are now gone. I was assuming business as usual...

In that case, yep that sucks but at least some will still get an Eleanor out of the deal. Not sure I would pay twice but is it better to pay $100k and have nothing or $200k and have a car?

..or do what a guy locally is doing, and build your own....takes a bit of knowledge and work, but pride of ownership is a lot higher.....plus he is sticking a 460 in it, wow, a real torque monster....can't wait to see it on the street....the back story is that he bought the shell and the body parts, etc from a guy who started and couldn't get much completed on it...so he got it a bit hacked up, but is now putting the finishing touches on it....

But is his car a Shelby or just a regular Mustang?

..it will be an eleanor, based on a mustang, but I suppose without the official blessing of shelby............makes it a clone, but in reality, they are all clones so doesn't make much difference in the end.....

..it will be an eleanor, based on a mustang, but I suppose without the official blessing of shelby............makes it a clone, but in reality, they are all clones so doesn't make much difference in the end.....

When completed at either Shelby approved shop, your car would be considered a continuation "Shelby". I'm sure you are correct about most people not being able to pay twice to have the car completed. Plus can you imagine telling your story.

BUT: Didn't they Auction Off all the Cars last year. As far as I know, NO ONE received a partially built Car and the Feds took all the Cars at the Shops and Auctioned them off. The People who Pre-Paid for one to be built had a chance to BUY that Car IF they could Prove that it was the one being built for them but I don't know of anyone able to do that.

BUT: Didn't they Auction Off all the Cars last year. As far as I know, NO ONE received a partially built Car and the Feds took all the Cars at the Shops and Auctioned them off. The People who Pre-Paid for one to be built had a chance to BUY that Car IF they could Prove that it was the one being built for them but I don't know of anyone able to do that.

That was my understanding;so not only do you got no money;you got no car,it was one giant train wreck.

I hear the guys that managed Uniques business are working on the current stimulus package!

:hysterical:

Doc Scott

PLUS...... all of the Mustangs that were Auctioned Off, the FEDs cut the VIN's off so the Body's had No VIN's or Titles. PLUS didn't the FED's also take all of the Files? How are the two Companies going to know which Cars are Actual Unfinished G.T.500E's. The only thing I can think of is that the People who lost their Money may be offered a chance to have one built using a Dynacorn Body. I do Applaud CS for doing this. This can only help him. (I hope the two Companies don't screw it up).

Archived