TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Shelby GT Tribute Car

kryptonite

I have a quest for a green Shelby and your creation is inspiring. I will eventully alter a green Bullitt to achieve my hearts desire, for now I settle for green FIA stripes. More power to you, the die hards know it's not authentic.

Tom is a guy you should talk to (vert below), and if your in SoCal stop by.

Mike

Green.jpg

I know Tom. We are members of the Legend Lime Registry.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have a lot I mean A LOT of balls to post this in a Shelby forum, but honest to god I think it's brilliant and very beautiful. I wish the newer GT 500 came in this colour! Put some Gun Metal Gray Shelby Razors on her. Anyways great looking car, you put a lot in her. Be proud! :shift:

Is this what you have in mind?

3194460046_1d7cda6473_b.jpg

3194460046_1d7cda6473_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I know Russ personally and have seen the car in person and the paint shop did a great job, it looks better in person (better than what we got from SAI).

I own one and don’t have an issue, adding a fake CSM # would be crossing the line in my opinion. Hell, there are hundreds if not thousands of “tributes or clones” of the classic Shelby’s and it’s never hurt their value or prestige over the years. I'm secure enough to know I own the real deal.

If anyone has a problem with the PBF badges, you should take it up with Ford for letting them be sold on eBay, plus they are giving them away if you buy a crate motor from Ford Racing. Plus, SPP sells the S H E L B Y letters in their own catalog (page 26) for anyone to purchase.

Like Jase said, if you are happy with it that is all that matters.

(Flame suite on)

O.K,, :redcard: ,so what makes a Shelby a Shelby,,,not trying to make anyone mad,but the GT 500 made at Ford ,are they real Shelby 's are not,,,also the GT/CS which I owen have the same parts as a Shelby GT,,,and also SPP makes parts for all,,the side Shelby GT emblems " are " from Ford Racing ,,,even the 1968 GT/CS had Shelby parts on it from Ford,all Shelby oweners have something all others will not a # number,so why does anyone fear a clone,,maybe its just the styling of the shelby look that came from " Ford ",,,there all Mustangs ,,,same engine,,same car,,,,I do not believe a few add on parts makes another car any better,,Mr.Shelby once said ," drive and enjoy ",,so in ending this reply,,I say to all its just a car,,,its still a mustang. :dance::dance::dance:

image3.jpgwn560a.jpg

O.K,, :redcard: ,so what makes a Shelby a Shelby,,,not trying to make anyone mad,but the GT 500 made at Ford ,are they real Shelby 's are not,,,also the GT/CS which I owen have the same parts as a Shelby GT,,,and also SPP makes parts for all,,the side Shelby GT emblems " are " from Ford Racing ,,,even the 1968 GT/CS had Shelby parts on it from Ford,all Shelby oweners have something all others will not a # number,so why does anyone fear a clone,,maybe its just the styling of the shelby look that came from " Ford ",,,there all Mustangs ,,,same engine,,same car,,,,I do not believe a few add on parts makes another car any better,,Mr.Shelby once said ," drive and enjoy ",,so in ending this reply,,I say to all its just a car,,,its still a mustang. :dance::dance::dance:

:happy feet: image2.jpgimage1.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

wn560a.jpg

• 1 year later...

I know Tom. We are members of the Legend Lime Registry.

Replication is the sincerest form of flattery

In a world or conformity flaunt the exceptions

All the power to you.....gives a good idea of what could have been, if anyone thinks that this tribute is the only clone rolling around then you are fooling yourselfs...give him his props

IMO

^_^

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?

With all the money that you are putting into this car to make it a "Shelby Tribute", other than the color, why did you not just buy a "real" Shelby GT? To each his own, and I do think you did a nice job with the car, but what are you really trying to accomplish? Do you want a modern day Shelby or????

As others have posted, all the cars that started as Mustangs from Ford are in their very escience a Mustang. But it is what Shelby, Roush and Saleen did with them that makes them unique and distinct to the vision these builders had for the cars. If you don't have a CSM# from Shelby, regardless of the year, it is not a Shelby. A clone, a tribute, or whatever you call it is just that.

Enjoy your car! I think it is great that you have the motivation and love of the Mustang to do what you are doing. That is what makes the Mustang hobby so much fun. I just don't understand the concept of spending all that money for something that is not the "real deal" when you could have spent that money on the "real deal". Why not build something completely unique that no one else has and really make them envious?

If I'm not mistaken he did say that his car was a tribute, not once did he say it was the real deal. Having the real deal doesn't always feel that gap in your heart. My dream car is a Shelby Hertz, but channelled, sectioned and customised beyond belief. I ask you this, would you destroy the real deal just to make it what you want? I think not...

Thanks for the kinds words. Right now, I am trying to convince the misses that I need a Legend Lime Terlingua. After seeing the one here on the forums, I am itching for one, but she ain't budging.

Says I don't need another car.

• 4 weeks later...

You say what matters is what Shelby did with the car that makes it unique, and some say that the CS 6 &8 is not a real Shelby, but what about the Gt 500? Shelby does nothing with it, it is designed and built by Ford, after you buy one you can buy the plaques from SPP, but you have to pay seperately for that. And yet it is considered a real Shelby. Shelby never touches the GT 500 unless you upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Its not just sand but bits of broken glass and rusty metal lol

Its not real its a clone it will never be accepted by koolaid drinkers. U spent a lot of money and very little imagination to create it. Would u want it parked next 2 u @ a car show or car cruise in?HMMMM Not too many people even know about SGT's most would think its the same... Its like "swap meet louis" it looks like the real deal till u really scrutinize it!!! Buy a terlingua drink the drink!

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again. The answer is simple, Carroll says whats a real Shelby. And GT500's ar real Shelbys, Shelby GT's are real Shelby's. Dodge Shelbys are real Shelby's. Continuations are real Shelby's. I will repeat what John Luft said to me. Let those that think they have the right to say what a real Shelby is tell Carroll he's wrong. :hysterical3:

This is not represented as a real Shelby. And, its a damn nice ride. Common guys, check the chip at the door

I agree with svttim,

07-2937, I see in your car sig that you have non-Shelby GT parts on your car. I don't understand how you can "Flame" a member for a clone of a Shelby GT when your Shelby GT doesn't even look like a SGT, sure you have a CSM# but whose car looks like a SGT should look?

"Would u want it parked next 2 u @ a car show or car cruise in?"

I actually did get to park by this car last weekend at a car show!, and no, I didn't have any problem parking next to this car.

Russ is a great guy who is doing what he wants with "HIS" car and I was proud to park next to him at the car show. If you have ever met him, you know that he does not try to pass it off as anything other than his idea of what he wants and it is his money. While we may disagree or agree, doesn't matter to me. BTW, his car looks great and he works very hard to keep it clean! I finally just gave up and sat down to watch him clean away and yes, we both won that day. JMO. Craig

I agree with svttim,

07-2937, I see in your car sig that you have non-Shelby GT parts on your car. I don't understand how you can "Flame" a member for a clone of a Shelby GT when your Shelby GT doesn't even look like a SGT, sure you have a CSM# but whose car looks like a SGT should look?

HUH????? Flame I was telling it like it is I wasnt really flaming I was making an observation Does my SGT really not look like a SGT??????... lets see 20 black, 20 BJ black, 20 white, 20 blue 20, orange SGT's maybe a few hertz cars and ONE L Lime "CLONE" all at a car show they look the same, they all are different colors and a few have different upgrades(owner customization) But that ONE Green one sticks out... It looks the same, It has the same stripes, It has the same badging (except the one that really counts) "THE CSM" and soon they will clone that. what would the average person think?

1 My car is a SGT... badged, registered, and upgraded, ...My Car has a Shelby automobiles title (owned by Shelby autos) how many people can say that?????

2. Parts were fitted when I worked @ SAI. It includes the first prototype hoodscoop (latest model) the first prototype gage pod (newest material) one of the first ones with a whipple HO and a CS hood (MOD SHOP OPTION). Yes I changed some things many were offered at an employee discount. Does any of these things make it a fake or clone?

3. Documented By the builders/blower installers... ALL stock parts stored, can be put back to stock SGT configuration in a day Trunk,letters,tires/wheels,door panels,seats,brakes, ect...

4. It is a SHELBY CSM 2937 the real deal like all the other real Shelby's, Dodges, Fords, MG's, S1's,Tigers, and Cobras It drinks the koolaid and walks the walk. We never built a LL SGT

Clones done right are Okay But a factory 5 is not a cobra a m109 is not a v-rod, a hyundai is not a jag or bentley.so on and so on and .....when someone posts a topic like this people will give their opinions.I posted mine... He has a nice car but it is not a Shelby...

When I started this thread 1 1/2 years ago, I knew what I was in for. As Craig and many others have said who have met me, I tell everyone that I built this car and it is not a real Shelby. I have done a ton of car shows and cruises, as well as daily driving my car (I have almost 110k miles) and I get comments and they are pretty much all positive, at least to my face. The one surprising thing I have run into is the number of SGT owners who have either sent me a PM or email asking me what it cost me to do my car, because they are considering it themselves. I even sent in a poster print of my car from the 45th Anniversary for the MAN himself to sign, though I didn't get any kind of comment about my car. Bill, as well as everyone on TS, has the right to their own opinion. I enjoy talking to people, whether on here, or on the Legend Lime Registry or in person. If you think I am a poser for doing what I did, that is your opinion and right to say that. Like I said, I knew what I was in for when I started this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a nicely done car...I hated Legend Lime when I first saw it but it grew on me over time.

Please ignore all the insecure people who are hating on your car because of a decal......these are the same people who hate on the CS cars because, heaven forbid, they weren't put together at Shelby. Real car enthusiasts will appreciate your car for what it is and anyone who doesn't respect the work you put into it and your honesty in being upfront about it's authenticity aren't worth your time.

Enjoy your ride, it's very nice indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Your car is fantastic!!

All the people out there that are having a cow need to take a pill. :talkhand:

Its not illegal to make a replica , clone or tribute car. Its being done everyday to shelby cars of all kinds, from the cobra to the mustangs.

Leave the guy alone. :beerchug:

I love the color too.

• 2 months later...

Very nice tribute car. I echo what others have said. I have a Windveil Blue GT that I have considered doing the same thing. I could care less that Shelby didn't make one like it. It's a "What if?" As long as you aren't trying to pass it off as the real deal (which you aren't) and aren't trying to misrepresent the car as anything other than what it is ... I see no harm. Indeed, I think it's a great looking car. If Carroll were so protective of people doing this, he wouldn't sell the parts to people without making them verify that they own the real deal. After all, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that there aren't that many 07-08 authentic GT's in need of parts and yet you can find nearly every part to duplicate the car.

• 1 month later...

Archived