TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Garage Decor

I'm looking to decorate my garage a little with some Shelby banners, posters, etc. I haven't been able to find much of anything online for this purpose. Naturally I've found a lot of Cobra stuff, a lot of Ford stuff, but nothing for the Mopars. Since my Shelby Lancer rests in the garage quite a bit (lives there unless going to club meeting or a show), I'd like to make it more presentable.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :car:

I'm looking to decorate my garage a little with some Shelby banners, posters, etc. I haven't been able to find much of anything online for this purpose. Naturally I've found a lot of Cobra stuff, a lot of Ford stuff, but nothing for the Mopars. Since my Shelby Lancer rests in the garage quite a bit (lives there unless going to club meeting or a show), I'd like to make it more presentable.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :car:

Well you know NeonSox probably one if not the most rarest piece of Shelby Dodge memorabilia out there was for the Shelby Lancer.

It was a life sized cardboard cut out of Carroll promoting the Shelby Lancer for rent at the airport. Rumor has it that only one perhaps two were made and that it was only used at LAX. Now if you could only find one.

The easiest suggestion I have for you is to make your own garage art. Most copy centers can make banners, poster sized photo enlargements, etc for you to hang on the wall.

There are other items out there like the Shelby Dodge vanity license plates and the Shelby parking only signs.

Steve

Well you know NeonSox probably one if not the most rarest piece of Shelby Dodge memorabilia out there was for the Shelby Lancer.

It was a life sized cardboard cut out of Carroll promoting the Shelby Lancer for rent at the airport. Rumor has it that only one perhaps two were made and that it was only used at LAX. Now if you could only find one.

The easiest suggestion I have for you is to make your own garage art. Most copy centers can make banners, poster sized photo enlargements, etc for you to hang on the wall.

There are other items out there like the Shelby Dodge vanity license plates and the Shelby parking only signs.

Steve

Well I already have a brochure for the Lancer which I'm going to frame and show with the car this summer. I found a few eBay items that might do the trick, but naturally they want top dollar. I'm not sure I'll be looking for that cutout, Steve, for a couple reasons.

1. Expensive

2. Rare

3. Creepy

I say creepy because it would be strange having Carroll just standing there in my garage every time I opened the door. Although it would be great to see the real human being, the Man himself in there somehow someday (0.0% chance of that), the cutout has a weird vibe about it.

But seriously, some good suggestions. I'll see if I can talk to a couple shops about pricing.

I've seen this on e-bay every once in awhile.

732054_327.jpg

I bought a banner like that off a website a while ago with blue letters. looks good. Don't have the site anymore, but google it and you may find it. It's cheap, takes up a lot of wall space, and looks cool.

I say creepy because it would be strange having Carroll just standing there in my garage every time I opened the door.

On that topic (sorry to go off topic here), a cute story.... In 1998 after SDAC-8 a couple of our guys stopped in the Auburn Museum in Auburn IN. They filmed a lot of footage there. When one of them strolled off to go to the men's room, as soon as he opened the door to the men's room he called out to his buddy to come over there. Hanging in the outer entrance to the men's room was a large picture of Carroll Shelby. The comment caught on camera (from the Canadian guy) was, "Well I guess he had to go, eh?" Later on we included that footage and comment on our SDAC-8 compilation tape we made up.

Archived