TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not to be Morbid...but

matyellott

A question that I think is more important then "what will my car be worth when it happens"... is "Will there continue to be a Shelby Mustang when..."

Hopefully... just like they continue to build Ferrari's long after Enzo Ferrari died.. they continue to build Shelby cars. I dont personally know Mr. Shelby but my gut feel tells me he would want there to still be Shelby cars for years to come.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe that there will countine to be Shelbys, they employ a good number of great people (honestly Shelby's customer service is the best I have ever delt with), plus the tourch can be handed off. As far as CS's life yes hell of an example not to be a lazy puke!!!

:wacko: We all have the cars because we love them and love to drive the hell out of them; not because we are hoping to make money on them

This web site is like a bee hive with dealers that only think about the next Shelby sale. I give a poke now and then for fun :hysterical:

When Mr. Shelby does eventually pass away :cry: , how much more do you think our gt500s will be worth if we have the dash palque?

In order for my car to be worth what I paid, it will have to be possessed by Mr. Shelby's ghost. And it will have to talk. Like KITT.

Here is how I look at it. The GT500 rolled off the assembly line as a Shelby, it was built specifically to be a Shelby. The VIN is Shelby specific and that is very cool!

The Shelby GT was converted to a Shelby at the Shelby facility and has specific number assigned to it and that is very cool!

Niether car is more of a Shelby than the other because either it's a Shelby or it's not.

I think having a GT500 with more than one Carrol Shelby signature in the car is overkill but sure as heck doesn't hurt anything and if it makes you happy, do it. I have the hand signed plaque so I feel very gratefull about have it in my car. If I owned a Shelby GT I would be more interested in having the dash sighned as the plaques don't have hand written signature. Just my 2 cents.

If I didn't own a Shelby with a signature, I would try to have one on my Mustang.

I don't know...........................the guys had two heart transplants, a kidney transplant, and still gets around pretty good at 86. I think the answer to this question is a long ways off.

Drive on!!!! :shift:

Wait, the GT500 is a REAL Shelby??? :poke:

And Chad, since you dont have a GT500 you are not allowed to post on the GT500 pages. Remember this is a segregated, exclusionary club. How you got the password to the GT500 forum is beyond me. Please play in your own sandbox and dont bother the REAL men who have GT500's. They are too busy to talk to S-GT owners. :hysterical::hysterical2:

Just kidding Chadster. Post away my man. I was there when CS signed your car (you too MSMAP!). I dont remember Mr. Shelby not wanting to sign your car because it wasn't a GT500.

:hysterical:

Im sorry but when a SGT owner starts in about how his/hers is a real shelby i just laugh at htem like they have an inferiority complex. I mean holy hell do you really gotta be petty enogh to start that kind of crap? Isnt this supposed to be a sort f brother hood? Not a pissin contest about whos bring the bigger gun to the party? Otherwise im sorry we win if you wanna play that game. God get over it.

I think the main value will be the vintage Shelby's, for many reasons we all know. I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Shelby for what he did for the automotive industry. I believe the company will go on as it's foundation, mission and direction seems pretty stable. However many people have different views of a product such as this when the founder is no longer connected to the company for what ever reason that may be. I have never met Mr. Shelby but many here have and it sounds like he's a great guy, so when that day comes it will be like loosing a friend.

First of all, every Shelby is just as "real" as another Shelby. Shelby's were build in New Jersey at one time, for cryin' out loud!!

Secondly, as for "Not to be Morbid, but..." well.....this is a morbid post!

Funny, I would preface this with "not to be a dick", but we see how far that got me when I made the initial post for this thread. I never even stopped to think that the Shelby GT was a "true" Shelby, and frankly I think both the Shelby Gt and the KR or very overpriced for what you get. So let me get this right I can toss away $75-$85K on a KR with what 514hp, or I can Super Snake a gt 500 for $80K all in and get 725+ horsepower. Out of curiosity what makes some one buy a Shelby Gt as opposed to a gt500? The price difference is not huge considering what you get for the money.

Funny, I would preface this with "not to be a dick", but we see how far that got me when I made the initial post for this thread. I never even stopped to think that the Shelby GT was a "true" Shelby, and frankly I think both the Shelby Gt and the KR or very overpriced for what you get. So let me get this right I can toss away $75-$85K on a KR with what 514hp, or I can Super Snake a gt 500 for $80K all in and get 725+ horsepower. Out of curiosity what makes some one buy a Shelby Gt as opposed to a gt500? The price difference is not huge considering what you get for the money.

Out of curiosity why are you making POSTS like this????????

KR is 540 horsepower.

The Shelby GT makes a much better track car. The Shelby GT is transformed into a Shelby in Vegas. Once you supercharge a Shelby GT they will blow a stock GT500 away. Shelby GT has much lower Production numbers.

The advantage of a GT500 is you get the 5.4 ROmeo engine but you also have a very nose heavy car.

Both cars are great and not one is better than the other. THEY BOTH ARE REAL SHELBYS

I just like to give the GT500 owners a hard time now and then. We are all brothers and all love our cars

For the same reason any person posts on a forum, to gather the opions of other people, like minded or not, as I stated in my post, I am wondering what may drive some people to a Shelby Gt as opposed to a gt500, I am also wondering what whould make someone buy a Kr as opposed to a SuperSnake, collectiablity? styling? the name? I am asking questions, I believe that is the point of forum boards.

i have a feeling if the man doesn't sign anymore, the company will use computer engraved ones to replace that. to be honest, i rather have the engraved one on my 500, this way i dont ever have to worry about the sharpie coming off ever.

autograph and celebrities go hand in hand, we all want some kind or form of connection to those celebrities. i personally would rather value a great chat with him or maybe a picture rather then buying of his autograph. if he sign something personally to me as a kind gesture, i will accept it greatly but buying an autograph in general doesn't mean too much with me.

my .02

as for value, one great way to access value is to have something not too many people have. simple as that.

For the same reason any person posts on a forum, to gather the opions of other people, like minded or not, as I stated in my post, I am wondering what may drive some people to a Shelby Gt as opposed to a gt500, I am also wondering what whould make someone buy a Kr as opposed to a SuperSnake, collectiablity? styling? the name? I am asking questions, I believe that is the point of forum boards.

It was the way your last post was worded , Sorry I guess I took it the wrong way . Carry on. I`am sure you will get alot of good answers to your questions

At the time I purchased by 08 SGT it was near $40K. The dealers at the time were still charging $10 to $15K ADM's making the GT500 nearly $20K higher.

That is why some purchased the SGT. Others purchased because they liked the way the car performed and looked over the GT 500. Personally for me, it was a financial reason.

It was all a matter of preference and personal reasons for each of us why we chose the cars we liked.

I am not saying one car is better than the other.

The Shelby GT and GT 500 are both unique cars in there own way. I love my GT 500 but for the money I believe the handling fell short of what it should have been. For what it's worth if I had to do it all over again I would have bought a 6 cylinder car and modded the dog crap out of it for a lot less money.

signed cars will be worth more

no brainer

Why would anyone rather a engraved signature vs the real thing is beyond me

But I have my doubts that it was not some intern that does most of the signing.

I mean CS would be tied to a chair every second of every day if he had to sign all this stuff.

Looks authentic though and I have met him so that completes it for me :)

Wish I had had him sign something for me personally, would have been special but I waited in the wrong freaking line LOL

COme on Guys.,.. That would be a disgrace if you sent your dash plaque or whatever you want signed to the Childrens foundation and some intern signs it; that would be fraud which I can assume CARROL would get really angry if anybody thought that or asked him that. I assume Shelby has signed 100,000 + of things and his signature looks very similiar; doesn't all of our own signatures look similiar that is the point of a signature. Plus Jenni of the Childrens foundation told me personally that he comes in and signs everything in person, Jenni probably see's Carrol more than anybody else other than his own wife Cleo. Jenni puts her HEART AND SOUL into the childrens foundation and I highly doubt she would be part of it if it wasn't the real deal. The reason why sometimes it might take longer than usual to get something signed back from the childrens foundation is because if he is out of town or sick and he can't come in and sign your items..

We should all feel lucky that Carrol has the childrens foundation becuase its a way to help many needed children and its a way for us to get whatever we want signed by him.

If some of you are so convinced the signature is a fake, then why did you buy it?? I get a kick out of hearing people talk about the value of our cars all the time. Barrett Jackson really screwed up peoples minds concerning the price of these cars. People, the old ones are the collectables not these.

Edit: BTW.. What do you think is worth more.... An old Babe Ruth card with an autograph or one without? I think it's a pretty :censored: question it the first place. Like someone else stated, "It is Carroll's web site." That's like asking your wife if she thinks she'll be happier once you die because of the fat insurance check she'll get. :lurk:

Why would anyone rather a engraved signature vs the real thing is beyond me

that would be ME. I RATHER HAVE A ENGRAVED DASH PLAQUE 4 my 500.

same as i like girls but some likes guys, we all different! but that doesn't make anyone beyond or greater than the other.

If some of you are so convinced the signature is a fake, then why did you buy it?? I get a kick out of hearing people talk about the value of our cars all the time. Barrett Jackson really screwed up peoples minds concerning the price of these cars. People, the old ones are the collectables not these.

Edit: BTW.. What do you think is worth more.... An old Babe Ruth card with an autograph or one without? I think it's a pretty :censored: question it the first place. Like someone else stated, "It is Carroll's web site." That's like asking your wife if she thinks she'll be happier once you die because of the fat insurance check she'll get. :lurk:

+1

But, I'm a big fan of Shelby automobiles but I'd rather have the new ones because they're so much better. Let Barrett-Jackson keep the old ones to buy and resell over and over.

Also, I don't need the signature. My car already says 'Shelby' on it in a few places. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having the signed dash plaque but don't need it.

As far as the topic of this thread, I was wondering the same thing. Before I got my Shelby, I was picturing- if, God forbid, something happened to Mr. Shelby, the ADM's on the new cars going through the roof due to some 'over-enthusiastic' car salespersons.

Read the original question before you comment, it makes you look more creditable. I didn’t ask if the car would be more but how much more. As far as that being and "angry emoticon with a censored sign on his mouth" question, I will call you a :cry: ..... EMOTICON WAR!!! Jesus really?? My old 2007 Gt had a Procharger HO system, and while th hourse power was great, the stability and handling did not support the HP increse the car always felt like it was about to break loose and tear itself apart.

Archived