TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front licence plate

mkbehm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:banana piano:

It stayed on at 141.5 MPH. Oh it stretched out a little, but it held on just fine. I'm joking about the stretching out thing, so far everything is just fine.

Just checked the vinal cling idea out at the local sign shop and he said he could do it. He said it would cost about $40-45 for 2 of them with very little cost for aditional ones. He said he had never done it but was a good idea. Thanks for the tip!!!

• 2 months later...

Your vinyl cling-on idea sounds great. Could you post a photo of yours so we could get a peek at the application. Thanks.

Went to my local sign store here in NJ (2 plate state) and asked about the vinyl cling sign. I was told that to make such a "plate" sign would be considered making false plates (essentially counterfeiting a plate) even if i's for the actual owner of the plate and would be considered a crime in this state with a pretty stiff penalty fro the maker and purchaser. :ohsnap:

Any other ideas?

I have custom plates too and it is a $135 fine in Texas....will still take my chances and go without. Someone made a very cool bracket for the '03/'04 that circumvented the need to drill holes but I don't see how it could be done with the Shelby. If someone does figure it out...I would be interested.

Archived