TEAM SHELBY FORUM

front licence plate

mkbehm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Nebraska the only state that requires a plate on the front and back of the vehicle??? I've never seen a picture of a shelby w/ a front plate! Is there any pics out there or am I going to be the only one w/ a front plate?

California requires it also, although I manged to pick up my GT without the bracket being put on. I have no intention of mounting it on a GT500, should i be lucky enough to get one.

Is Nebraska the only state that requires a plate on the front and back of the vehicle??? I've never seen a picture of a shelby w/ a front plate! Is there any pics out there or am I going to be the only one w/ a front plate?

mkbehm:

Where are you located in Nebraska?

hsurb

In Montana they also require a front license plate. I have been pulled over several times for not having one. Thay tend to only pull over sports cars however, I've never been pulled over in our Ranger pickup and it doesn't have one either. I'm gonna try getting away with it for a while on the GT500 when we get it, we'll see how it goes!

Va. requires one also. I'm not having mine mounted. I'm going to see how well I get away with it. I was told it was an $80 fine, I can do that a few times.

Missouri requires a front plate also; hopefully it is not strongly enforced, but I worry about the locals in a small town I live near (kearney). I am already practicing my song and dance:

1. the factory bracket kit does not really work with the shelby, and I am trying to get one that fits well......

2. I'm a fed law officer, so I would appreciate some professional courtesy, since this is not really causing a problem...

3. don't have a #3 yet..... :hysterical:

i'll just tell the cop that I did not vote for that law that requires a front plate be installed.

and that I did not know that i couldn't not have cats installed on a set of long tube headers while driving with a set of drag slicks etc..

j/k

i'll just tell the cop that I did not vote for that law that requires a front plate be installed.

and that I did not know that i couldn't not have cats installed on a set of long tube headers while driving with a set of drag slicks etc..

j/k

Use the lack of a front bracket as a diversionary tactic, like a smoke screen :happy feet: :happy feet:

..you know what my real worry is, I do law enfc for the epa, and I can just see some of my tree huggin' coworkers crawling under my shelby and finding out that I have done something like accidentally losing my cats

:hysterical:

..why am I laughing, some of them are that crazy!!!!!!!! and even tho the lot is full of gas guzzing SUVs, I know my name will come up as the evil one for having a gas hungry shelby

They 'require' a front license plate in Texas, but I'd rather drill holes in my sternum than drill holes in the bumper of my snake.

Talk about a stupid law.

I just take my license plate and lodge it in the front right part of the dash in the front window. That fulfills my obligation of having 'front tags' and I don't get a ticket for not having them.

All in all it's a stupid law. Test yourself on the way home, can you read the tags on a license plate coming towards you on the highway? No? Now try it while hoisting a donut and oiling up your nightstick for beating up criminals at the same time. It's even tougher.

Stupid laws drive me bananas. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Read my post, right above yours.

Just put it in your front window...

An OPP told me not to put it in the front window. :finger: Said it could piss them off. :rant:

It all depends on the Officer and why they pulled you over. :shift: With the attention this car gets I don't want the hassles. Still looking for that after market bracket.

An OPP told me not to put it in the front window. :finger: Said it could piss them off. :rant:

It all depends on the Officer and why they pulled you over. :shift: With the attention this car gets I don't want the hassles. Still looking for that after market bracket.

I think a reasonable cop would be accepting of that compromise. Cops that I have been pulled over by didn't seem to mind it was in my front window after I showed them there is no bracket for it, and the bumper would be drilled, and the fact that my car is a limited production vehicle.

If they are that much of a dick and still write the ticket anyway, I'd have no problem arguing that in court and winning I am sure because it is still 'visible' and in the 'front' of the vehicle.

Some things are worth fighting for in my opinion, and this is one of them. Any bracket you get will scratch your bumper and honestly a license plate up front just looks stupid. Fight the good fight I say!!! :hyper:

Colorado requires it as well but I am just planning on keeping the other license plate in the glove box or something so i can put it in the window if a situation arises.

venom07

Venom, do you have any idea what the ticket is for not having a front tag in CO? Is it just a fix-it ticket, or is there a fine involved?

I guess I could ask by neighbor...he's a sherrif

A '69 MachI, '73 Gran Torino Sport, '76 Mustang Cobra II, '81 BMW 320i, '90 Landcruiser, '01 Expedition, '03 Expedition, '07 IS 350 all driven with no front plates - Not stopped yet for no plate in the front. I've noticed most nice sports cars/trucks run with no plates on the front, no plate ticket is better than a speeding ticket.

Hi, I have a 1965 Cobra kit car that has never had a front plate on it. The state of Washington requires one but I have no were to put it. Do not worry to much, just put it under the seat and let them stop you. All they have ever done it tell me I should install it.

Archived